Lliga | Round 10: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 0-2

Ronaldinho10

Terrible choice of line up once again.. EV is just a damn joke. Semedo out again?! Wth is this shit? And why on earth is Andre gomés starting?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
1yewaf.jpg

Last edited:

clemente

Hope Benitez happens, I'm done with this shit. Watch Messi do some Messi shit (aka win the game by himself) and nobody will question Valverde because apparently "we got results"...

mesiesta

To be honest Semedo was not at this best during last few games. I don't get all the Valverde hate in this forum. At least he is showing result.

Why is he playing Suarez - well I think the answer of this is obvious, Suarez is one of the best forwards of past several years and he is trying to bring back his best conditions. Whom else to play? Paco? Denis? Deu?
Why is he playing Rakitic - maybe because of his defensive work-rate. I think EV also knows that Rakitic is shit nowdays as an attacking option.
Why is he not playing Semedo - Well, Semedo started very well for us, but he don't need to play all games right now. He will become a key figure for Barca at the end of the season or maybe starting from next season.

I'm not trying to say that I agree with Valverde's decisions, personally I would always play Roberto as CM and bench Rakitic for couple of games. But, man is doing his job, let's have a faith in him and see what we will get at the end of the season. Don't forget that he doesn't get a strongest Barca team. Some other manager could be struggling with this team in the middle of the table.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I dislike the fact that every single game we play its a new unpredictable formation.

It really has become predictable. Iniesta's going to play always if not injured. Rakitic same, Suarez also. Roberto is RB and only Gomes in new thing in his stellar lineups.

clemente

To be honest Semedo was not at this best during last few games. I don't get all the Valverde hate in this forum. At least he is showing result.

Why is he playing Suarez - well I think the answer of this is obvious, Suarez is one of the best forwards of past several years and he is trying to bring back his best conditions. Whom else to play? Paco? Denis? Deu?
Why is he playing Rakitic - maybe because of his defensive work-rate. I think EV also knows that Rakitic is shit nowdays as an attacking option.
Why is he not playing Semedo - Well, Semedo started very well for us, but he don't need to play all games right now. He will become a key figure for Barca at the end of the season or maybe starting from next season.

I'm not trying to say that I agree with Valverde's decisions, personally I would always play Roberto as CM and bench Rakitic for couple of games. But, man is doing his job, let's have a faith in him and see what we will get at the end of the season. Don't forget that he doesn't get a strongest Barca team. Some other manager could be struggling with this team in the middle of the table.

Lmao can tell half way writing that post you realised yourself that you don't believe in what you're saying

mesiesta

Lmao can tell half way writing that post you realised yourself that you don't believe in what you're saying

No, that's not true. Result-wise we had a perfect run from the start of this season, so we can't blame manager. We just need to trust and think that he knows what he is doing.

Gnidrologist

My only logical explanation for these kind of decisions from Valverede is that he is currently mainly focused to git Barca gud defensively. And we realy have been quite gud thus far. Not only conceded goals, but there have been hardly any matches where out hearts would be pumping in liu of yet another killer counter attack from opposition, which has been problem for Barca since it ever started playing the Cruiff football. Maybe his rationale in this match is to totally tire out Athletic, club which he knows in and out, with pathetic, boring football in the first half and get some uptempo shit in the second. I know it sounds like wishful thinking, but i can't believe that Valverede is clueless. Lucho could, but not this guy, knowing his track record and knowledge of La Liga. Come on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clemente

No, that's not true. Result-wise we had a perfect run from the start of this season, so we can't blame manager. We just need to trust and think that he knows what he is doing.

Thats the problem, take Messi out of this team, there would be no results at all. This manager incompetence is hidden behind our results, which are pretty much mostly Messi. Performance doesn't reflect the results, we are garbage atm

Home of Barca Fans