Lliga | Round 10: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 0-2

Neeraj

Though Denis isn't great in midfield, I think we will need to play him in Iniesta's role. He's the only one with some creativity in that midfield squad. My midfield would be Busi, Denis and Roberto/Paulinho (but it's most likely going to be Rakitic Gomes Busquets,cause.... Valverde)

:wheelchair: most immobile midfield in all of European football history? :lol:

serghei

Theres no chance Sergi and Semedo will both start since we dont have a back up RB.

If one of them gets injured, the other one can be reassigned to the RB position. And we bring in a midfielder from the bench. Semedo should start at RB, Roberto should start in CM. Rakitic on the bench.

hulinat

If one of them gets injured, the other one can be reassigned to the RB position. And we bring in a midfielder from the bench. Semedo should start at RB, Roberto should start in CM. Rakitic on the bench.

They should both start but its not going to happen.

khaled_a_d

Interesting to see Oriol in the squad. Hopefully Valverde doesn't pull a Lucho and leave him on the bench the entire game when he could have been playing a tough game with Barca B.

He has called 20 players, 2 of them are Barca B players. So there is actually chance that he doesn't even make it to match squad.
He is probably gibing him some experience with 1st team training etc
PS: If Mascherano didn't travel then 19 players in squad and one will be removed

God Serena

He has called 20 players, 2 of them are Barca B players. So there is actually chance that he doesn't even make it to match squad.
He is probably gibing him some experience with 1st team training etc
PS: If Mascherano didn't travel then 19 players in squad and one will be removed

If Oriol doesn't make the bench the decision to add him to the match squad makes even less sense. Aren't the kids playing Sevilla B this weekend? He could be playing there.

Good job by Valverde running Iniesta into the ground so early on just as I predicted.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD VALVERDE TRY THIS LINEUP FOR THIS MATCH:

Stegen

Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Roberto-Busquets-Paulinho

Deulofeu-Messi-Denis

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Busquets-Roberto-Rakitic midfield is the obvious choice. Who knows, I mean I love Iniesta but maybe having Roberto at San Mames vs. battling hosts would prove better anyway.

I almost see Mascherano out as a same handicap for us as the Argentine defender has been playing immensely recently.

henias

Valverde has such a one dimensional mindset, it sometimes make me wonder if he eats the same thing every meal.

Home of Barca Fans