Lliga | Round 10: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 0-2

draconifire

We had some good spells of attacking football, which was promising considering the team composition. Removing Rakitic, shifting Roberto to mid and bringing on Somedo should give us more fluidity and we would play better.

barcafan161

Arent we getting Coutinho in January?
I know this won't solve our problems in CL, but whoever thinks we have chance to win CL this year is delusional. I mean, if we changed our way of playing to defending and just counterattacking, we might have a chance; but we all know that will never happen. Maybe if Dembele turns out to be an amazing player, we might.
I was hoping Valverde would prove me wrong, but his game against Atletico Madrid showed me that he is thinking more about style of winning, rather than winning at any cost.
Of course we have a chance

It’s all about the draw and a good draw and we can certainly win it

khaled_a_d

I can only speak for myself and for me it’s the system, the obviously defensive selections and the way he has us playing that is the problem.

If the opposition are too good there is nothing you can do about it but at the very least put some effort into it. Our pressing game is non existent, so is our passing game... To make matters worse, it’s the second La Liga game in a row that we’ve been clueless in dealing with the press of the opposition which just ends up with us losing the ball. Often in dangerous areas.

It’s almost as if we’re a team coached by Mourinho now.

I know this is not a nice thing to say but at this stage only a few big losses would wake people up and I hope it happens sooner rather than later because this is not a Barça system. It’s painful to watch.

We are boring, and I said it in some other posts that I am having a problem playing this way against Bilbao (although there is no denying they are tough team at their home), I have no problem whatsoever with your argument but people are making up some shit arguments here.

We aren't gonna win CL this way? FFS RM won CL this way in 2016. Pep got beaten many times when teams used this way. Juve and AM has been excellent this way. And again no fuckin way that any body has thought we are gonna win CL this year after the end of transfer market, we has lost our second best player, had to replace him with a young player who is currently not anywhere near him and failed to address midfield problem or the aging of Suarez and Pique.

skn02

People in this forum got some fucked up head, and nothing could please them other than thrashing of each and every single team on the way. We earned points in a very difficult place, we were always having trouble getting result at bilbao and we won by 2-0 and yet everyone complaining like a retard. Barca fans are really hard to please, perhaps they are more into beautiful football than getting results. At the end of the day, its about whether you get result or not, nobody cares about the process, how you get it, ugly or not.

FinBarcelonafan

People in this forum got some fucked up head, and nothing could please them other than thrashing of each and every single team on the way. We earned points in a very difficult place, we were always having trouble getting result at bilbao and we won by 2-0 and yet everyone complaining like a retard. Barca fans are really hard to please, perhaps they are more into beautiful football than getting results. At the end of the day, its about whether you get result or not, nobody cares about the process, how you get it, ugly or not.

It's not the results which worries me, but the way we win. We are extremely lucky this season and the thing with luck is, we are going to run out of it at some point
This team needs to play better to challenge the best teams in CL and I doubt we have chance to win title playing this bad the whole season.

I'm worried the way we play.

It's not the results which worries me, but the way we win. We are extremely lucky this season and the thing with luck is, we are going to run out of it at some point
This team needs to play better to challenge the best teams in CL and I doubt we have chance to win title playing this bad the whole season.

I'm worried the way we play.

Just watch the triangulations, maths and scientific skill and desires of the top Premier League teams. They are on whole different level to La Liga and Barcelona and Madrid who are just overpaid players out to have a good time with their muscles, superstar life and lack of intelligence/smarts. If you want consistency and maths, just switch to Premier League man. It is really confusing how you desire avoidance of luck but follow a Spanish team: that is contradictory.

M

MessiCam

We are boring, and I said it in some other posts that I am having a problem playing this way against Bilbao (although there is no denying they are tough team at their home), I have no problem whatsoever with your argument but people are making up some shit arguments here.

We aren't gonna win CL this way? FFS RM won CL this way in 2016. Pep got beaten many times when teams used this way. Juve and AM has been excellent this way. And again no fuckin way that any body has thought we are gonna win CL this year after the end of transfer market, we has lost our second best player, had to replace him with a young player who is currently not anywhere near him and failed to address midfield problem or the aging of Suarez and Pique.
I actually agree with you but we’re just grinding results. If it were one or two games then ok. But it’s game after game now and it’s frustrating because it’s glaringly obvious what the issues are.

FinBarcelonafan

I actually agree with you but we’re just grinding results. If it were one or two games then ok. But it’s game after game now and it’s frustrating because it’s glaringly obvious what the issues are.

Well said. We haven't looked good in many games and so far we've been lucky not to concede too many goals either.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't agree with guys being overly negative but I also don't agree that results matter and that our style is irrelevant.

Didn't we all fall in love with Barca because of beautiful football? Laudrup, Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Guardiola, Rivaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Messi... magic?

defyqa

Yeah. I pretty much don't care about results/trophies (but its good to have them!), I'd rather watch beautiful football.

JamDav1982

Yeah. I pretty much don't care about results/trophies (but its good to have them!), I'd rather watch beautiful football.

The moment he tries to play a style that everyone thinks they want but the team dont win he will get called every name under the sun.

Go back and look at how Tito or Tata were spoken about who never really changed much from Peps approach.

The reality is fans value winning more than anything else and the team is winning by playing well anyway.

If he had switched the team to some Atletico or Leicester approach it would be but he hasnt at all.

Of course we have a chance

It’s all about the draw and a good draw and we can certainly win it

It would also depend on how good the English teams are, and whether Madrid can recover to last year's form.
Anything is possible. If we had a good creative midfield, there is no doubt we have even a greater chance to win it, but where could we get a player like that who hasn't played CL? Our defense is great, our forwards are good-but we need Dembele back ASAP. What worries me is having injuries and not being able to replace those player in the later CL stages. Madrid has won so much b.c they pretty much have 2 squads that can perform at the top, we barely have one.

JedBanker

Its terrible to say this but i think Barca needs a wake up call against a top team. So far Valverde has continued with this trash 4-4-2 line up and with playing trash because it has worked thanks to messi and other luck (like our numerous own goals, but a time will come when we are exposed and I just hope that it happens early enough so something can be done to fix out team.

JamDav1982

Its terrible to say this but i think Barca needs a wake up call against a top team. So far Valverde has continued with this trash 4-4-2 line up and with playing trash because it has worked thanks to messi and other luck (like our numerous own goals, but a time will come when we are exposed and I just hope that it happens early enough so something can be done to fix out team.

What top team out there doesnt need that and will cruise through any other top teams?

City with Pep probably been most impressive team in Europe but even they and his tactics have not really had full scrutiny yet.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have to say, maybe our tactics aren't quite optimal but there seems to develop some chemistry between players. Against Bilbao we had a very easy time finding one another during the first half.

Home of Barca Fans