Copa: FC Barcelona - Murcia 8-0 agg.

slvtn

Luckily we managed to score in 1st half and later things looked easier.

Arnaiz is real deal, Alena a bit quiet.

I agree with this. They both were visible, Arnaiz in the second half especially. Other than that, it was a horrible match. I liked how the commentator in the stream made constant jokes about Deulofeus poor dribbling skills. And whilst the game was boring, he told some nice recipes. :D

Egert

Estonian Culé
Again 2nd half was a bit better. What is up with this "better in 2nd half" bullshit? Valverde always seems to do this but we need to be at the very best in 1st half as well.

Neeraj

Just saw the highlights. Can't judge too much from that, but looks like Paco was invisible apart from the goal even against a 3rd division side?

A bit disappointed to hear Alena was subdued overall; but seriously why the hell was Rakitic coming on? This fetish might ruin us.

FinBarcelonafan

Again 2nd half was a bit better. What is up with this "better in 2nd half" bullshit? Valverde always seems to do this but we need to be at the very best in 1st half as well.

I think it's mostly opponent running their legs vs Barca and then we dominate second half because they are very tired. Happens basically every game.

henias

Possession game has always been to tire out opponents because they chase the ball alot. Patience is really what u need if this is the style u play and it always has been for Barcelona, no two ways about it. You cant rush things like how Neymar and Messi did for big games last season and ended up getting dispossesed early in the game and opponents can easily capitalise.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think it's mostly opponent running their legs vs Barca and then we dominate second half because they are very tired. Happens basically every game.

Add to that that when we enter 2nd half with a lead and opponent has made offensive changes to their tactics, Barca gets to play a bit more comfortably.

Messi983

Some of this might be up to tiredness of the opponents after chasing the ball for most of 1st half but I also think EV do some tactical tweaks in half time that helps us to play better in 2nd halfs. I've read in summer when we hired him that one of his assistants is watching 1st half from the stands to have a better overview of players positioning and then he's coming to the locker room during half time and stays on the bench in 2nd half so he and EV can make tactical changes based on what they both saw from different perspectives in 1st half.

Neeraj

Some of this might be up to tiredness of the opponents after chasing the ball for most of 1st half but I also think EV do some tactical tweaks in half time that helps us to play better in 2nd halfs. I've read in summer when we hired him that one of his assistants is watching 1st half from the stands to have a better overview of players positioning and then he's coming to the locker room during half time and stays on the bench in 2nd half so he and EV can make tactical changes based on what they both saw from different perspectives in 1st half.

I've always wondered why this isn't a thing in football. It's so much easier and better to see the positioning and runs of players from the stands, and yet the managers are the dugout and often crouching. Isn't it a relatively big advantage, the vantage point, that they miss out on :thinking:

xXKonan

[tw]935119375547486208[/tw]

Here's the players who trained with the first team today from the B team. Sport says Arnaiz had some discomfort after the B team match yesterday and might not be able to play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]935119375547486208[/tw]

Here's the players who trained with the first team today from the B team. Sport says Arnaiz had some discomfort after the B team match yesterday and might not be able to play.

Strange not to see Palencia.

xXKonan

Well also Roberto is training with the group and again and Vidal is back as well and there's Semedo as well.

Think Valverde wants to give Roberto assuming he gets the green light some match fitness and Vidal some more time as well.

Home of Barca Fans