Copa: FC Barcelona - Murcia 8-0 agg.

Raketa10

I suppose that our team will look something like this tomorrow.

----------Chillesen-------------
Vidal - Vermaelen - X- Digne
------Denis - X - Alena--------
------X - Paco - Deulofeu-----

Messi983

Odd how neither Palencia nor Cucurella are getting a look. Very odd.

Not really, as [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] said we have three RB options and it's possible EV will give playing time to Roberto and Vidal. Digne also played well so he deserves more minutes.

Also, only 4 Barça B players can play at the same time in Copa so I guess EV prefers to call up players from other positions where we don't have as much depth. Alena will play for sure, a CB (either Costas or Cuenca; it's possible Pique will start since he didn't play on Sunday but I still think he'll get a rest as well), and Arnaiz also if he'll recover in time or maybe Cardona/Vitinho will play instead. So there is only one spot open, maybe for O. Busquets or as I said before the first game it's possible EV won't even play 4 B players from the start in case Cillessen gets injured, because he'd have to make two subs at the same time - Ortola to replace Jasper and first team player from the bench to replace Barça B player so there would still be 7 first team players on the pitch.

Both Palencia and Cucu have trained with the first team during international break though so I think Valverde is looking after them. And maybe one of them will be called up for the game against Sporting next week when there will be no limitations how many B players can play. And to be fair, playing against a good CL team (that is still competing for 2nd place in our group so they'll give their best) will be a much better test for most of our youngsters than Murcia who is playing a level below the teams they are facing every week in Segunda.

FCBfan22

I suppose that our team will look something like this tomorrow.

----------Chillesen-------------
Vidal - Vermaelen - X- Digne
------Denis - X - Alena--------
------X - Paco - Deulofeu-----

I think the x in defense will be Pique or Costas.
The x in attack is probably Arnaiz.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be almost a month since Barca played in Camp Nou (win Vs. Sevilla 2-1 November 4). International break was followed by 3 consecutive away matches.

Windhook

I hope and expect Alena to play much better than he did in the first leg. After all he did some marvelous stuff in the last few weeks. Also Arnaiz should be given his debut at Camp Nou.

xXKonan

Sport says Roberto and Gomes will get the green light vs Celta Vigo.

Not ready for tomorrow it seems.

serghei

Yea, another one of those games with so little chemistry in the starting 11 that no conclusions can be drawn from it. If you really want to give these young players a chance, play them in a meaningful but easier game with a lot of first team players around them.

xXKonan

DPvfOlLWsAIf545.jpg

Squad list for tomorrow.

Guess Roberto is fit again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a lowly opposition but we've just seen how these teams can upset the big guns yesterday.

Roberto needs some match fitness so I guess he will come on in 2nd half. Semedo his confidence back, Paco and Vermaelen minutes... So it's actually good to have this "meaningless" match.

Messi983

Yea, another one of those games with so little chemistry in the starting 11 that no conclusions can be drawn from it. If you really want to give these young players a chance, play them in a meaningful but easier game with a lot of first team players around them.

Those games are their opportunity to show they deserve to play in more meaningful games.

Also, I know I'm in minority here and most people don't care about Copa but I've always liked this competition so I don't consider those games as less important.

Home of Barca Fans