Win the Treble but Barto stays OR go Trophyless but Barto leaves?

Win the Treble but Barto stays OR go Trophyless but Barto leaves?

• Win the Treble but Barto stays

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Trophyless but Barto leaves

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
Hypothetically speaking, if someone presented you these two options for this season which one would you choose?

Also assume that the board and President taking over from Barto are competent.

KingLeo10

you always chose a treble. and the way we won it by beating city, PSG, bayern, juve, real, and atletico that season. even with a competent president and board, success isn't a guarantee. and trebles are such a rare thing in football history.

Neymessi

Would have been tricky if you had put la liga there but treble? no way lol.

Trebles are historical. Rm doesn't have even one yet and look at their achievements. Only a few clubs get to win a treble.

Even with a competent board a treble is far from a guarantee. Treble I choose, all day anyday but its funny that this poll is quite realistic because the only reason barto is here becaue of the treble :lol:

khaled_a_d

Treble, Bartou out and then what? It isn't like we will get the next Laporta after them. and a trphyless year will take a bit of the club attractiveness to star players. It will be first time since Pep was hired to go two year without winning Liga

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Noone guarantees that man coming after Bartomeu will be what we need.

I'd pick trophyless season or two if that meant we are building things for the future and setting things straight under new inspired and capable president.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
from a strategic point of view we're better off trophyless now and continue without bartomeu. I'm not sure if a treble can wipe off all the wrongdoings the board has done...

Goal of any team is to win trophies, what a dumb poll

It's not dumb question at all for those who actually have a grasp of foresight. If we win another treble and Barto stays he is likely to further damage the reputation of our squad, not bring in the adequate replacements and hinder our ability to compete in the future. So we could win a bunch of trophies this year just to go on a long dry spell in the near future. Whereas a trophyless season this year could bring larger successes in the future with a new progressive president and board at the helm. Nothing is quite this black and white though and there are many variables at play, but it comes down to choosing guaranteed success in the short-term or likely success in the long-term.

You should really open your narrow mind once in a while and stop posting snarky little comments that reek of pretentiousness.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
As of right now I don’t even see our squad as a treble winning team anyways. If we ever do it had to be one of messi’s Best seasons ever lmao.

LeeRomeno

It's not dumb question at all for those who actually have a grasp of foresight. If we win another treble and Barto stays he is likely to further damage the reputation of our squad, not bring in the adequate replacements and hinder our ability to compete in the future. So we could win a bunch of trophies this year just to go on a long dry spell in the near future. Whereas a trophyless season this year could bring larger successes in the future with a new progressive president and board at the helm. Nothing is quite this black and white though and there are many variables at play, but it comes down to choosing guaranteed success in the short-term or likely success in the long-term.

You should really open your narrow mind once in a while and stop posting snarky little comments that reek of pretentiousness.

Sure it is, as it is based on naive assumption that just by removing Barto, all the problems in the world will be solved. How can someone be so simplistic. But i am not surprised, this forum is obsessed with finding scapegoats, just like playing Roberto instead of Rakitic is difference between eternal glory and sucking balls. Or like Gomes was cause of all our issues last season and so on.
So no, my mind is not narrow at all, even more, i am not colorblind and can see other colors as black and white as well. If u want to have poll of having success now with treble and failing to win any trophy in next 5 years, or win nothing now, but win 5-6 major trophies over the course of 5 years, then i would of course choose the latter. Winning is what matters, what you offer here is win vs random guy being removed without any clue on who will replace him, maybe he is worse rofl?

Sure it is, as it is based on naive assumption that just by removing Barto, all the problems in the world will be solved. How can someone be so simplistic. But i am not surprised, this forum is obsessed with finding scapegoats, just like playing Roberto instead of Rakitic is difference between eternal glory and sucking balls. Or like Gomes was cause of all our issues last season and so on.
So no, my mind is not narrow at all, even more, i am not colorblind and can see other colors as black and white as well. If u want to have poll of having success now with treble and failing to win any trophy in next 5 years, or win nothing now, but win 5-6 major trophies over the course of 5 years, then i would of course choose the latter. Winning is what matters, what you offer here is win vs random guy being removed without any clue on who will replace him, maybe he is worse rofl?

Barto is far from a scapegoat, he has proven to be an incompetent president over and over again and the criticism he is getting is well deserved.

I think you failed to read the OP. I clearly state that:

Also assume that the board and President taking over from Barto are competent.

So you might want to improve your reading comprehension before going off on me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If it can be guaranteed that the next man will revitalize the team(and the club and its other sections in general) and make it top 3 for a long time even after Messi has retired, then sure. Why not.

The guys running the club right now are absolute idiots and are leading the way for the club to to fall into chaos once Messi retires if they keep dumping promising players incl available signings and academy players to sign mediocre trash.

They nearly destroyed the basketball team too which they had to use a lot of money to try and fix.

Home of Barca Fans