Lliga | Round 9: FC Barcelona - Malaga 2-0

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for that post above. [MENTION=17987]LeeRomeno[/MENTION]o

Well duh....yeah Barça are in the competition to win trophies, that's why people are annoyed at underperforming players playing, even in games against relegation fodder, and that's also why people are concerned about the poor performances on display.

I swear some of you guys were defending last season's chaos too and pointed towards Lucho's first season where we won the treble.

Sorry, but not everyone like to stick their head in the sand just because some results are going our way ignoring the obvious flaws on display, which if not corrected, will lead to this team's downfall in winning those trophies you're talking about.

And that last part.

Sorry for my language, but you're fucking wrong.

Barça is about winning trophies and providing a show, play entertaining football. Always been that way since day 1. It's in the club's identity.

It's not a freaking Calcio A team that will grind out wins to win trophies. Barça want to win by dominating and playing good football. Otherwise we could sign Capello and let him grind out 1-0, 2-0 wins all season long to win the league.

That's ignorant.

Last edited:

Devils

I can't be the only one getting the vibe that our coach doesn't know what to do and he is relying on Lucho's deadweight, which worked for Lucho during his time here, to pull him through. He has much better options than Roberto at RB, Rakitic and even giving Iniesta a rest.

Instead of benching Rakitic's lazy ass, he's keeps giving him more starts while clearly Roberto, Paulinho and Denis should be playing ahead of him.

And Semedo, what in the actual fuck is that? You have the only real RB on the team, 23 years old, playing out of world in the few times he's featured and Valverde decides to bench him every other week and now sometimes two in a row.

Meanwhile a 33 year old Iniesta is getting run into the ground

On top of these ridiculous decisions, we're not even playing good. One only needs to see the sheer level of quality in Europe this season to realize that if we don't change something soon and drastically, we're gonna be in trouble when the going gets tough.

DonAK

Jeez.

It's like we have to get wrecked for people to be allowed to be concerned or complain.

Hope it doesn't happen, but keep playing this lineup and this way against the best in Europe and you'll see a repeat of last year. Might be marginally better, but still not pretty.

Let's hold hands and clap after beating some of the La Liga teams while being mostly underwhelming and where in half of our games, our opponents have had more shots on target than us.

Jippi kayeeeeeee

DonAK

I'm not even saying Valverde out or that he should walk the league or CL.

But...Valencia and Betis are playing good football with half of the talent we possess.

Is it too much to expect Valverde not to play his favourites, choose players on merit and rest players accordingly while playing decent football?

Is it really too much to expect? Really?

This season I'm happy if we win the league because this squad and midfield in particular is just not good enough when some key players like Suarez are performing the way they are.

mssarm

As for that post above. [MENTION=17987]LeeRomeno[/MENTION]o

Well duh....yeah Barça are in the competition to win trophies, that's why people are annoyed at underperforming players playing, even in games against relegation fodder, and that's also why people are concerned about the poor performances on display.

I swear some of you guys were defending last season's chaos too and pointed towards Lucho's first season where we won the treble.

Sorry, but not everyone like to stick their head in the sand just because some results are going our way ignoring the obvious flaws on display, which if not corrected, will lead to this team's downfall in winning those trophies you're talking about.

And that last part.

Sorry for my language, but you're fucking wrong.

Barça is about winning trophies and providing a show, play entertaining football. Always been that way since day 1. It's in the club's identity.

It's not a freaking Calcio A team that will grind out wins to win trophies. Barça want to win by dominating and playing good football. Otherwise we could sign Capello and let him grind out 1-0, 2-0 wins all season long to win the league.

That's ignorant.

You confuse me now:are you saying EV is wrong person for the team and should be fired, or he should read this forum and figure out what he is doing wrong. I don't reallu understand what are you trying to suggest. We all know coaches have their philosophy, they do thing their ways, never drastically moving from one tactics to another. Their concept either works with the team or it doesn't , or it works for a while until others figure out how to beat them. I just don't don't understand where you are going with this display of frustration? Are you just wenting? because it sounds you already made up your mind.

DonAK

Don't even dare suggest he need a year or two to play good football.

It took Setien a couple of months in Betis and same for Marcelino in Valencia.

Seriously, this just triggered me right now. Some of you guys got your head planted way up your ass if you're bitching about people being concerned and wanting a bit more, voicing their opinions on a fucking discussion forum

DonAK

You confuse me now:are you saying EV is wrong person for the team and should be fired, or he should read this forum and figure out what he is doing wrong. I don't reallu understand what are you trying to suggest. We all know coaches have their philosophy, they do thing their ways, never drastically moving from one tactics to another. Their concept either works with the team or it doesn't , or it works for a while until others figure out how to beat them. I just don't don't understand where you are going with this display of frustration? Are you just wenting? because it sounds you already made up your mind.

I suggest you to read my post again and comprehend what I said, but if that's too hard, I'll answer your stupid questions or thoughts.

1. No, I'm not saying he should get sacked, and no I'm not saying he should read the forum. I'm not sure what's dumber. You making your own conclusions about me forming conclusions or this part right here. Stupid.

2. Where is my frustrastion coming from? I'm not even that mad, I'm just saying I expect better from him and perhaps he'll realize that later, but right now it's not ideal.

He has to make better personell decisions and try to make this team play better football. Don't need to be prime Pep football, but decent football where we create more chances, look more cohesive and simply play better as a team. Some of this is dependent on the players he's putting out.

Once again, it's a fucking discussion forum. I'm not venting and I've not made my mind up already.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Different expectations it looks like. There are fans who are happy as long as the team wins no matter how ugly and uninspiring the win was. There are fans who care about the substance other than the result and those who fear that the current level will get us nowhere when the crunch time comes.

And all of us will be really mad and pissed when the team does not deliver when the crunch time comes.

mssarm

I suggest you to read my post again and comprehend what I said, but if that's too hard, I'll answer your stupid questions or thoughts.

1. No, I'm not saying he should get sacked, and no I'm not saying he should read the forum. I'm not sure what's dumber. You making your own conclusions about me forming conclusions or this part right here. Stupid.

2. Where is my frustrastion coming from? I'm not even that mad, I'm just saying I expect better from him and perhaps he'll realize that later, but right now it's not ideal.

He has to make better personell decisions and try to make this team play better football. Don't need to be prime Pep football, but decent football where we create more chances, look more cohesive and simply play better as a team. Some of this is dependent on the players he's putting out.

Once again, it's a fucking discussion forum. I'm not venting and I've not made my mind up already.

Yea you know me already.. I always ask stupid questions and you are always right about everything. That's why we are in discussion forum. Makes sense.

DonAK

Yea you know me already.. I always ask stupid questions and you are always right about everything. That's why we are in discussion forum. Makes sense.

Showing your lack of comprehension again.

I never said that.

DonAK

For the record, to clarify everything.

What I'm really against is the attitude of a couple of posters here who are essentially calling people out because they're "whining" according to them, when people here are simply voicing their concerns and opinions about the way we're playing right now.

You don't need to wait for something bad to happen before you're allowed or are right to be concerned and sceptical about something.

My position on EV is simple;

He has to learn and get his player selection and rotation right. He should show some authority and bench players who are underperforming and not give them starts after starts due to their seniority. Play players on merit. Right now, Roberto, Paulinho can play both in attack and midfield with Semedo playing at RB.

Why? Because Suarez and Rakitic are underperforming. Rakitic has been average for many months now, arguably even more than a season and half depending on the way you look at it. Suarez has been on a downward trend for a few months now as well with the worst of it showing right now.

Pique also doesn't seem fully focused. I'm not saying discard or sell them right now(except for Rakitic who's been bad for a long time and we need better midf and got better ones, altho not until next summer), but that if they keep doing badly even after New Year or when they have to step up, we have to make some important decisions next summer.

What I expect of Valverde is to sort out his player selection, not burn certain players like Iniesta out who's not 26 anymore and got a history of muscle injuries, and play better football. This team got more quality than Valencia and Real Betis who are playing good football right now, creating more clear-cut chances and showing more balance in their play, less sterile-possession and sideways passing.

I'm not expecting him to blow teams away, I'm not expecting peak-Pep football. I'm expecting better and I hope he does better because if we are to win major trophies, we have to improve big time.

If some people have issues with that then take a hike. Not everyone like to put their head in the sand and act like everything is perfect just because the results are going our way at the moment.

That should clear up a few things.

Also, not saying I am right and you are wrong.

And I never said anyone are stupid. You can have an IQ of 140 and ask stupid questions after you form your own conclusions based on something I said that got absolutely no relevance to your understanding of it, and if you put words in my mouth, it's even worse. Although it's kind of the same here, stepping onto each other.

eaman

Wasn't a great performance but it's always hard after a champions league week. Also Suarez looks almost back to his best. The last couple of games he has looked sharp. Anyway a nice week until the next game and hopefully a good performance coz of the rest

Home of Barca Fans