Lliga | Round 9: FC Barcelona - Malaga 2-0

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Valverde will never last longer than a season at this pace. This reeks of a totally dead and exhausted team come the last and important months of the season. Would make the likes of Bielsa and Sampaoli proud, but not the people who are expecting any trophies. Because there won't be none.

xXKonan

Valverde would play Rakitic even if he had one fucking leg. :lol:

One of the most undeserving players to be playing right at this moment.

serghei

No balls, just picking after seniority. Could well ruin Semedo's form. He was just getting a run of great games together and now he's benched 2 games in a row. Just when he was picking up consistency and continuity.

Is it that hard to play Semedo RB and Roberto CM? FFS.

raskolnikov

Semedo not starting, rakitic playing, Iniesta/Suarez/Messi never resting.
Im not impressed by valverde at all. He's like lucho at this point.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I really liked Valverde's choices in the beginning. Playing it safe as a new coach and making sure that we gain every possible point without taking any risks.
But we are approaching a point where he should show a bit of vision. Especially when the young players who ride the bench more often than they should would replace players like Raki who needs to lose his undisputed starter role.

vlad

Those appointments of barca DNA coaches are starting to get boring as a barca gameplay, when will this come to an end?

God Serena

Our opponent is dead last in the league. Not only does Valverde ignore the B team completely, but he also refuses to rest our starters or give players on good form a chance to continue it. And seriously what the hell is up with this Rakitic fetish?

Goodness gracious Valverde is such a fucking mid table coach.

serghei

I really liked Valverde's choices in the beginning. Playing it safe as a new coach and making sure that we gain every possible point without taking any risks.
But we are approaching a point where he should show a bit of vision. Especially when the young players who ride the bench more often than they should would replace players like Raki who needs to lose his undisputed starter role.

Well said. Valverde needs to realise that we are not in a position, like we were in 2012 for example, where we can just re-motivate the same squad and go on a roll again. That's done. Dusted. We need to change generations. That means the only midfielder in the team who will be a big part of the next Barca is Busi. We need to create a new midfield.

dakt

I don't understand not putting Semedo and forcing Roberto on that spot. I don't understand, but I'm willing to follow, for now....

Home of Barca Fans