Lliga | Round 9: FC Barcelona - Malaga 2-0

LeeRomeno

Didn't look to me we saved energy at all. Iniesta played entire match, Roberto was running his heart out, Suarez did his best to score.
We also played bad football and created little.

Most of time we were on 3rd gear, so not much was put into game. Roberto is sharing position with Semedo, so it makes sense he was more energetic.

LeeRomeno

we dont want to wait untill we get beaten so badly, the team performance is so weak and yet we didnt played good teams yet

with this level, we will be beaten from madrid or other strong team in Europe easily

Why on earth are people repeating this nonsense. Team will put more effort when it is needed. We played on different level vs Juventus and Atletico and will do so again in different circumstances.

Truthist

Most of time we were on 3rd gear, so not much was put into game. Roberto is sharing position with Semedo, so it makes sense he was more energetic.

He doesn't need to share positions with Semedo unless we need to rest Semedo. Roberto needs to replace Raki asap so we can start playing players on merit and not seniority.

LeeRomeno

He doesn't need to share positions with Semedo unless we need to rest Semedo. Roberto needs to replace Raki asap so we can start playing players on merit and not seniority.

Well in that case we would have no backup for RB, would we...

LeeRomeno

What's Vidal for? He can do a job against lower La Liga teams, we aren't that bad just yet.

Vidal is clearly not in plans for RB anymore (and rightfully so). If he is not offloaded in January, he will be only used in rare occasions as RW sub.

Truthist

Vidal is clearly not in plans for RB anymore (and rightfully so). If he is not offloaded in January, he will be only used in rare occasions as RW sub.

He isn't because Valverde has a hard-on for Raki and to accomodate him and at the same time keep Roberto happy Semedo is the sacrificial lamb. In 15 minutes yesterday Roberto did more in midfield than Raki has all season so logically he should play there.

LeeRomeno

He isn't because Valverde has a hard-on for Raki and to accomodate him and at the same time keep Roberto happy Semedo is the sacrificial lamb. In 15 minutes yesterday Roberto did more in midfield than Raki has all season so logically he should play there.

Hard-on? He has a wife and 3 kids, doubt he is gay. Did you mean he prefers Rakitic? As far as I have heard, then playing RB is last thing Roberto wants to do, so it is highly unlikely that this is reason.
Ever thought that maybe he asks Raki to play safe and is hence very pleased with his performances and keeps playing him for that reason?

FCBfan22

We did the job. But where is Barcelona that I fell in love with in the first place? Fast, agile, precise, bombing forward and annihlateing the opponents? I'm glad that I missed the match yesterday (went to a birthday party), because when I watched it today, I couldn't make it through one half. Our style we played even before Pep is nowhere to be seen.

Truthist

Hard-on? He has a wife and 3 kids, doubt he is gay. Did you mean he prefers Rakitic? As far as I have heard, then playing RB is last thing Roberto wants to do, so it is highly unlikely that this is reason.
Ever thought that maybe he asks Raki to play safe and is hence very pleased with his performances and keeps playing him for that reason?

Ever thought that maybe EV is a spineless coach who is afraid of dripping the likes of Rakitic and Suarez. He must have pretty low standards if he is happy with his safe and timid approach and besides, he could get someone from the street to play that kind of irrelevant role.

Nevertheless as we are still unbeaten there are only quiet rumbling, wait until we start losing. Not that I want us to but it's inevitable the way we are playing. We are struggling to contain poor sides at the moment.

LeeRomeno

Ever thought that maybe EV is a spineless coach who is afraid of dripping the likes of Rakitic and Suarez. He must have pretty low standards if he is happy with his safe and timid approach and besides, he could get someone from the street to play that kind of irrelevant role.

Nevertheless as we are still unbeaten there are only quiet rumbling, wait until we start losing. Not that I want us to but it's inevitable the way we are playing. We are struggling to contain poor sides at the moment.

Thats my point, whining at this stage feels pathetic, although for majority of users this forum is to vent some personal anger it seems. As for everything else, it is pure speculation, but it pretty much makes sense NOT TO FIX, what is not broken. If we would be still playing same lineup after horrible beginning of season, i would be questioning him as well. BUt as results are coming, i see no reason to do it.

khaled_a_d

In terms of football, I’ve had two loves since the early 90’s... Barcelona and their brand of football and that ridiculously good Juventus squad of the mid 90’s with Ravanelli, Vialli and a young Del Piero.

I was prepared to give Valverde a chance but after last nights shit show, because other than 3 points that’s exactly what it was. Barcelona’s brand of football, the soul of the club, is being shat on by Valverde’s defensive pragmatism. Instead of using the possession as a means to create chances as well as defend we ended up with side, both in terms of selection and tactics, that were unable to deal with the high press of a Malaga team which had let in 18 goals in 8 matches prior to last night. Barcelona had 80% possession in the first half and mustered only 220 passes and 1 attempt on goal, which was the goal itself.

An outstanding runner and playmaker is being relegated to play as a right back when an out of his depth Rakitic, whom annoyed Messi to no end last night, is playing in midfield. All he does is suck the oxygen out of every possible attack by playing safe. When Roberto was moved into midfield the game moved forward and chances were created.

I love Barca football, even though I don't agree with the whole "it is soul of the club" and the whole possession bs. we have played different brands of football during our history, Rijkaard played attacking football but set back when needed, same for LVG and both were really successful for us.
But I am talking about the reality
-We don't have the players for entertaining football atm, for a team to play the "brand" of football you want you need at least 3 creative player, we had Xaviesta and Messi before, we had Neymar ,Messi & Iniesta under Lucho first two seasons (Suarez was great, but he wasn't the creative player in the team) but right now we have injured Dembele,33 years old Iniesta and 30 years old Messi. We have to be pragmatic whether we like it or not.

Roberto only created chance when he played free and Malaga was giving us spaces, and Rakitic wasn't nearly as bad as people were making him to be and actually played forward most of the time. You put Roberto in midfield on permanent basis and you will remember why he wasn't trusted as barca CM during the tenure of four managers (could say five considering Pep didn't give chance either)

It’s the same with Denis too who should be playing as LW because Suárez rot has well and truly set in but this coach says “The more chances he misses, the better, because he is there. He is priceless for us.” That is what Valverde said, seriously... When has mediocrity been priceless? He’s already missed 8 clear cut chances and we’re not even a third of the way into the season when Denis has buried all his opportunities.

Denis has been given plenty of chances this season, but Luis is still important player for this team and the coach shouldn't give up on him easily, coaches have different approaches in such situations depending on their own and the player's personality. some will give him bench time and others will just try to give him confidence, in October you just don't give up on one of the best scorers in past 4 years like that

Didn't look to me we saved energy at all. Iniesta played entire match, Roberto was running his heart out, Suarez did his best to score.
We also played bad football and created little.

Playing wise I think we did, we kept the ball moving and players standing more than anything. It isn't just about minutes. Look at what Messi has done for years in saving his energy while walking during the games until he needed to make a run.
Roberto,Deu & Digne are the only 3 that played their heart out of it, probably because all 3 are aiming for playing time.

eaman

Please immediately get off whatever drugs you're on right now, it's messing with your cognitive ability.

I didn't say he's at his best but he is certainly looking sharper with his touch and maybe I'm wrong but he looks trimmer as well. I mean his touch was terrible a few weeks ago but in the last 3 games it has looked better

Home of Barca Fans