Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Raketa10

Look, nobody knows what formation we will play.
In EV's 442, Savic would be a better option than Paulinho/Gomes, players who played a lot in the first part of a season.
So, if EV wants that type of 442, Savic could probably work, but he is too expensive.

For 433, I don't have faith in any player, because, I have wrote 100s of times, no matter what we'll do with 433, we'll have lots of problems:
1. if you buy Thiago, CMs are nowhere close to Xavi-Iniesta
2. you don't have Dani Alves as a 4th midfielder like in those days
3. you don't have young alien Messi
4. you don't have Messi as a RW
5. you don't have 2-3 attackers who defend (Pedro). None of our 3 attackers will defend too much.
6. if we'll play without Suarez, imo, that will be a horror show with Messi as a Cdm-Cm, Dembele hogging touchline and being lost majority of times, and Cou as the only attacker, who is not actually attacker and is quite slow and weak.
7. if you bench Raki, our defense will suffer even more. We will have zero muscles and aggression in midfield.
8. not to mention our short, onedimensional attack who can play only through the ground

So, it is almost irrelevant whether we buy Thiago, Pjanic or Eriksen.
Our team is a huge mess for 433 currently.
I don't mean anything bad, but as long as this version of dropping-deep-Messi is here, I don't know whether we can play any 433 at all.
So, maybe EV is not that dumb and maybe 442 or something new is a better for right now, since Messi as a deep Cm-Cdm can play only as a false 9, and then you have zero players in the box.
I know, that worked during Pep.
But then we had 3 true attackers.
Messi was an attacker.
He wasn't dropping THAT deep back then.
He was faster, more lethal etc.
And one more time, other 2 guys were a real attackers.

I agree that 4-3-3 is not the solution anymore with our current roster but we could also play 4-2-3-1 with double pivot. IMHO 4-2-3-1 suits us much better than 4-4-2. In that formation Rakitic, Busi and Thiago could compete for that 2 spots and we for sure would have enough games for all 3 of them. If Arthur arrives he could also play in that role so could De Jong. To be fair 4-2-3-1 is the perfect solution for all 5 midfielders I mentioned right now. Only Alena and Paulinho are not capable of playing that deep but they could be used as a backup for Messi, Dembele and Coutinho.

In 4-2-3-1 formation Coutinho could play on the left, Dembele on the right and Messi in the middle with Suarez up front. Of course that we would have to adjust formation for some stronger opponents but in general this could work way better than 4-3-3, not to mention that 4-2-3-1 can easily be transformed in 4-4-2 if necessary.

Last edited:

TitoTata

Banned
Francesc Aguilar claims we have been scouting him for awhile now but due to a number of factors like Price and they feel as he isn't quite what we need right now and we have decided to bet on Arthur who would fit Valverde's system better. We won't consider signing Milinkovic-Savic.

to put it short.

1.Price

2. Arthur

3. Doesn't fit on what we need and oh Arthur.

It's Francesc Aguilar but I think anyone could have seen this a mile away.

Maybe the situation is different now ..

MTL_Barca

He has his strengths on offense and will cost 100+ mil so i don't see us going for him. He wouldn't fit in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 behind Messi and even if we don't like it that is probably what we will see in a good number of games since Suarez won't get benched that often.

Last edited:

Messi983

What about Wilshere?

i-want-you-to-stop-trolling.jpg

psychotsek

If we are to splash 80 mil for Pjanic I would gladly take Serjei for 20mil more. It would be devastating to see the board spending now for Pjanic and another 100+ mil after two-three years for Serjei.

Last edited:
I would like to see him at Barca rather than Thiago or Vidal. He´s younger, not so injury prone like Thiago and I think he played way better this season.

malvolio

If we are to splash 80 mil for Pjanic I would gladly take Serjei for 20mil more. It would be devastating to see the board spending now for Pjanic and another 100+ mil after two-three years for Serjei.

if we buy sergej juve will surely sell us pijanic. so it's either we bid more than juve on sergej or we buy pijanic at a discount since they cannot keep both(i think).

Sorin

Pretty average up until now. Not worth 70m nevermind over 100 or whatever fantasy sum Lazio asks for him

Messi983

Not saying he's worth anything close to 150M but we can't judge him based on two games in the WC. If this would be our criteria then Messi wouldn't be worth 20M based on what he's shown so far for Argentina.

Anyway, IF we'll seriously try to buy SMS (which I doubt) then it's better he'll have a quiet WC. The same for any other player we might consider buying after the WC.

TitoTata

Banned
He's actually shown some amazingly classy touches so far .... there aren't too many around with his awareness and touch ..

Home of Barca Fans