CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Olympiakos 3-1

dakt

At least [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION] will be happy that all big guns are there :lol:

Got back 2 hours ago. My luck....amazing. We were at the access gate of Camp Nou and the sky literally fell on us. :yuck:
Was great seeing Messi "near" you, but watching him there live, his walking becomes even more obvious. :)

I must repeat the experience before he retires.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Got back 2 hours ago. My luck....amazing. We were at the access gate of Camp Nou and the sky literally fell on us. :yuck:
Was great seeing Messi "near" you, but watching him there live, his walking becomes even more obvious. :)

I must repeat the experience before he retires.

Welcome back!
Anything else felt differenty than your usual TV experience? Iniesta? Crowd reactions? I know I have very different impressions from watching Dinamo in Maksimir or at home.

dakt

Welcome back!
Anything else felt differenty than your usual TV experience? Iniesta? Crowd reactions? I know I have very different impressions from watching Dinamo in Maksimir or at home.

Yeah. Iniesta was not at his best I would say. I haven't witnessed typical Barca magic, but when watching them play there you get far more sense of the control they have(Busquets is a master) and overall movement of the whole team.
Crowd? Wasn't very loud, bar shouting "independència" and the whole stadium whistling on CL anthem, but that is due to shitty rain and the nature of the match. Also, from the inside stadium looks "smaller" in real life. From the outside it looks outdated and incoming modernization is justified. But yeah....being there feels like a dream honestly, after watching the stadium hundred of times on TV, reminiscing all the names that played before, and than actually being there, everything feels like your high.

I took "Barca experience tour" (25 euros + some fee) today which gets you through the museum and the Camp Nou. The museum part was OK-ish, Camp Nou tour was much better since you get the chance to walk down the tunnel and enter the pitch, see opposition's locker room (too bad you can't see Barca's), see the model of modernized Camp Nou, some multimedia stuff, lift the replica of CL trophy and probably the best part for me was sitting up in the commentary room that is "hanging" from the top of the stadium and look down towards the pitch.

Around the stadium we couldn't find "classic" pub and see people gathering there. There is one inside the complex, but as expected it is expensive and you don't get much for your buck. Not sure if it was just me or the wrong day of the week or the weather, but it seems to me that the whole Barcelona doesn't cherish the pub culture like we do here. [MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION]?

That's it...
Barcelona as a city is nice, not too big, great transportation system.
From the landmarks, I love Gaudi's Sagrada Familia it's a master peace for a reason. La Ramblas was not that special. That gothic part of the city where Bacelona Cathedral is situated is also nice. Overall architecture is nice, typical spanish with many details, small balconies and catalan flags hanging from them.
People and culture....very diverse, feels like any other big western city in the sense that this diversity has killed uniqueness.
Beer is nothing special, but the prices are not overblown.
Food is also nothing special, here we get more and better for less.
Girls are not as good as I expected. Turned maybe twice, while here you can see much more just walking down your local street, but unlike ours, they are far more relaxed, easy-going and approachable.
City feels quite safe, I was never endangered or felt uncomfortable, bar always checking for my wallet not to "magically disappear".

All in all, was fun, I will look to get back to Camp Nou soon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. Iniesta was not at his best I would say. I haven't witnessed typical Barca magic, but when watching them play there you get far more sense of the control they have(Busquets is a master) and overall movement of the whole team.
Crowd? Wasn't very loud, bar shouting "independència" and the whole stadium whistling on CL anthem, but that is due to shitty rain and the nature of the match. Also, from the inside stadium looks "smaller" in real life. From the outside it looks outdated and incoming modernization is justified. But yeah....being there feels like a dream honestly, after watching the stadium hundred of times on TV, reminiscing all the names that played before, and than actually being there, everything feels like your high.

I took "Barca experience tour" (25 euros + some fee) today which gets you through the museum and the Camp Nou. The museum part was OK-ish, Camp Nou tour was much better since you get the chance to walk down the tunnel and enter the pitch, see opposition's locker room (too bad you can't see Barca's), see the model of modernized Camp Nou, some multimedia stuff, lift the replica of CL trophy and probably the best part for me was sitting up in the commentary room that is "hanging" from the top of the stadium and look down towards the pitch.

Around the stadium we couldn't find "classic" pub and see people gathering there. There is one inside the complex, but as expected it is expensive and you don't get much for your buck. Not sure if it was just me or the wrong day of the week or the weather, but it seems to me that the whole Barcelona doesn't cherish the pub culture like we do here. [MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION]?

That's it...
Barcelona as a city is nice, not too big, great transportation system.
From the landmarks, I love Gaudi's Sagrada Familia it's a master peace for a reason. La Ramblas was not that special. That gothic part of the city where Bacelona Cathedral is situated is also nice. Overall architecture is nice, typical spanish with many details, small balconies and catalan flags hanging from them.
People and culture....very diverse, feels like any other big western city in the sense that this diversity has killed uniqueness.
Beer is nothing special, but the prices are not overblown.
Food is also nothing special, here we get more and better for less.
Girls are not as good as I expected. Turned maybe twice, while here you can see much more just walking down your local street, but unlike ours, they are far more relaxed, easy-going and approachable.
City feels quite safe, I was never endangered or felt uncomfortable, bar always checking for my wallet not to "magically disappear".

All in all, was fun, I will look to get back to Camp Nou soon.

:cheers:

Horatio

You're welcome
No real pub culture? Maybe....but I was in Barcelona 9 years ago during the Copa Final watching it on Catalunya plaza and if I remember the bars surrounding it will have fans gathered watching the game as well.

dakt

Could be...I haven't been at plaza though and this was "just" a group stage of the CL against not so attractive opponent.
I was expecting that around the stadium we would find a bigger pub other then typical one with 5 tables inside and 3 tables outside. And even these types weren't crowded.
Same can be said for other parts of the city we have visited.

BTW, I have been in official Real Madrid shop on La Rambla. My friend bought Modric's jersey. :)

JerseyAddict

BTW, I have been in official Real Madrid shop on La Rambla. My friend bought Modric's jersey. :)

That happened to me too. My friend bought R. Carlos jersey on La Rambla (I think it was some knock-off store) in front of my eyes. I have not spoken to him for 1 month. And he never has worn it in front of me.

JerseyAddict

A friend of mine bought me 2014/2015's Barca jersey in Madrid. =)
Official though.

That is a friend to have :barcascarf:

Since my birthday is soon I am also expecting some Barca jersey to fill in my "Barça 1999. - 2017. timeline". So I hope for <1999 or 2018.

dakt

That happened to me too. My friend bought R. Carlos jersey on La Rambla (I think it was some knock-off store) in front of my eyes. I have not spoken to him for 1 month. And he never has worn it in front of me.

Well to be honest, he bought it for his 3 y.o. nephew, but later he bought Messi's official from the store right next to Sagrada Familia.
I bought a scarf and one metal magnetic crest for the fridge. :D

dakt

Since my birthday is soon I am also expecting some Barca jersey to fill in my "Barça 1999. - 2017. timeline". So I hope for <1999 or 2018.

I was searching for Xavi's 10/11 jersey but couldn't find any there.
I have 08/09, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 and couple of training shirts. Had also from 11/12 season but it got teared up in a football match. Pity, was my favorite.

JerseyAddict

I was searching for Xavi's 10/11 jersey but couldn't find any there.
I have 08/09, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 and couple of training shirts. Had also from 11/12 season but it got teared up in a football match. Pity, was my favorite.

My birthday jersey came: 1992. DREAM TEAM Kappa Gara original. Sadly no player number but can't be greedy ;)

1992-dres.jpg

Home of Barca Fans