CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Olympiakos 3-1

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Very defensive set-up by Olympiakos. Hard to penetrate and when we did, we were too sloppy and indecisive. Hopefully they will attack us more in the 2nd half with Pique out.

raskolnikov

We are playing in first gear in the rain and Pique got the dumbeat second yellow in recent years.
Boring 2/3-0 type game.

JerseyAddict

First of all... Fuck the rain. It is pouring like hell.

Second. Pique. Wtf man. Wtf...

Third. Suarez. Just finish it man. Score ffs.

Now.
Paulinho. Conan style midfielder.

Delofeu. So much energy. So much effort. I realy respect that.

FinBarcelonafan

First of all... Fuck the rain. It is pouring like hell.

Second. Pique. Wtf man. Wtf...

Third. Suarez. Just finish it man. Score ffs.

Now.
Paulinho. Conan style midfielder.

Delofeu. So much energy. So much effort. I realy respect that.

Love Paulinho. He is actually Good! Delofeu giving it all!

Windhook

But whats up with Alena having so much difficulty to even be in the squad lineup tbh? He isnt that bad, and he surely has the potential just like how Roberto advanced up the ranks into the Barca first team.

Is it Valverde's decision to exclude him?

I think it is still early days for Valverde to experiment with youth players. As much as I would love to see some of the boys participate, they are obviously playing with zero confidence for the first team.

mia7007

Paulinho really impresses every time he plays
Deloufeu is too fast and very talented, but needs to improve his final touch, mostly ends his effort with wrong pass
Pique must be punished for his stupidity today, at least 4-5 matches on the bench

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not a bad match. We didn't have luck converting and then Pique did a stupid thing.

Shame Valverde doesn't think long-term and instead of youngsters after 3-0 we see Rakitic and Gomes.

Team did show a nice effort and it needs to be said that it must have been hard playing under that rain.

MoM as usual: :redbeard:

FCBfan22

I think we were lucky that they came for a draw and we scored before Pique's antics. If they have shown any will to score the equalizer at the beginning of the 2nd half, we would suffer big time, since we were defending with only 7 players. But overall 3 points are 3 points.

Valverde really needs to think outside the box after this game. Suarez needs to be benched and get the operation. Rakitić should only play as Busi sub from now on with very limited play time. Semedo needs to come back and Roberto needs to be a midfielder again. Paulinho should become a regular starter as should Denis and Deulofeu on the wings. Gomes also looks like a solid option, although he didn't put any effort on that jump when we concieded.

JerseyAddict

We won but this game was totally stupid. Rain shower, Pique disaster, Suarez looking for a goal with a magnifier... Nobody really rested. Our sloppiness in front of the goal was OMG:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde:

“The match showed us there are no easy games. We should recognise how important this victory is, we secured three difficult points.”

“We were ahead and the opposition sat back. We needed to try and score more goals but also had to be aware of the danger of them scoring on the counter.”

“We want to be calm when things are going well for us and not so well.”

“They are a team who never give up and they demonstrated that again today. We will have a very tough match away to them and I wish them all the best.”

Digne:

"The team are showing in every match that we are in a good moment, Valverde is doing a great job"

"If I can help with a goal, I do so, but the most important thing is the win"

Roberto:

"We started strongly, the match could have become difficult after the sending off but the team responded well and we secured a very good victory"
"The team is feeling good following our start to La Liga and the Champions League. We are scoring goals and are looking solid in defence"

Deulofeu:

"Messi is a great player, it is not just his goals but also the chances he creates"
"There are three matches, which I am sure will be tough, but our objectives is to get into the round of 16 "

sabby

Has it ever happened that a player score a goal each for and against his own team in the same match ?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans