CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Olympiakos 3-1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For visualization
DMcAP6yXUAIyBm2.jpg

Not sure if it was necessary to start Iniesta again. Roberto as RB is disappointing but expected from Valvedre. While Sergi does well there, he would be more useful in midfield or Busquets backup.
Sad Mascherano and Denis are not there.

xXKonan

Hard for Nelson to improve if he's benched like every other game.

I said before Valverde doesn't want to bench the likes of Rakitic long term despite him being awful. so instead he decided to sacrifice Semedo and forces Roberto back into the RB spot again. when Rakitic does get rest Paulinho replaces him while Roberto and Semedo again are thrown into the dog house.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Safe to say now that Valverde is a "safe" man. Problem with any club this big is that there is little or no room for failure and managers are reluctant to think long term and make risks. We need to think about the future though. Starting overplayed Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets at home vs. Olympiakos is not the way you build something.

henias

Semedo is a good player but if he's benched and subbed off every damn time, obviously he's not gonna improve.

Valverde is worse than Lucho; Valverde has better options atm but still clueless af. Roberto has never functioned well as a RB defensively so Im not sure whats the deal with Roberto as a RB all the time.

raskolnikov

Semedo is a good player but if he's benched and subbed off every damn time, obviously he's not gonna improve.

Valverde is worse than Lucho; Valverde has better options atm but still clueless af. Roberto has never functioned well as a RB defensively so Im not sure whats the deal with Roberto as a RB all the time.
This is just playing Roberto for the sake of him getting minutes.

FCBfan22

Playing Suarez, is ok, since he seems to be getting back to his old himself in the last few games and I hope he gets a couple tonight. I'm very dissapointed that Semedo doesn't start this game, I hope to see him in the 2nd half with Roberto moved to Busi's spot (we need to rest Busi a bit). If we are 3-0 or more up at the half, I would sub Messi for Denis and move Suarez to the center. Other than that I would sub Iniesta for Gomes in the 2nd (if we are up, of course).

vlad

But maybe valverde is playing 3-4-3 with roberto in midfield, laughing at comment "oh roberto on RB, start losing faith in valverde"

mia7007

Not sure when can one of the potential B teams be in starting or even the bench. And when Messi can get rested if we cannot do it against Olympiacos in Camp Nou
Why Cucurela is not on the bench
Why Palencia does not have a chance in an easy match like this. Same for Alena

henias

But maybe valverde is playing 3-4-3 with roberto in midfield, laughing at comment "oh roberto on RB, start losing faith in valverde"

It's not just that, Semedo needs more minutes as well. He seem to be stuck in a zone bcos he's played so little, considering he is either benched for most matches or simply subbed off. Then Valverde expect him to perform in big matches without even played the previous matches? Thats impossible. Dude's need playing minutes to even gain some confidence, it isnt doing well for his development.

xXKonan

Not sure when can one of the potential B teams be in starting or even the bench. And when Messi can get rested if we cannot do it against Olympiacos in Camp Nou
To be fair to Palencia he's still not completely fit as he's been out with a ankle injury for the last couple of months. Alena imo deserves a chance at least.

JamDav1982

Messi would be pissed off to get rested in CL game like this.

It is for the best to play him and keep him happy rather than rest and risk pissing him off.

Cucurela is not ready to be on the bench and would be 4th game in ten days for any B team player called up tonight.

Home of Barca Fans