CL | Round 3: FC Barcelona - Olympiakos 3-1

henias

I agree with you on the injury risk, but this is the Champions League. The most important competition in the world, on a club level. Every appearance and goal counts. If you remember Messi played against Leverkusen in 2015, that strange Lucho lineup. Kaptoum, Samper, Gumbau and Juan Camara all took part.

Not just injury, other players should get playing time. If Valverde wants to experiment or try out a plan B then this is the chance. Champions league is important but this is just group stages nonetheless.

M

MessiCam

Not just injury, other players should get playing time. If Valverde wants to experiment or try out a plan B then this is the chance. Champions league is important but this is just group stages nonetheless.
He can start fiddling with the squad once qualification has been assured. A win tonight would go a long way to achieving that.

Ronaldinho10

Rotation is a must. Let the younglings have some fun tonight 😎 but keep at least busquets and iniesta in. I feel this a game where Messi can rest.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
DMW6PyuWAAIm6Wd.jpg

Squad list.

Alba Injured and Verm and Vidal Discarded while Paco makes the squad.

I can see the following starting:
----------------ter Stegen
--Roberto--Mach-------Umtiti--Digne
--------------------Busi
---------Paulinho-------Iniesta
--Deulofey------Messi---------Denis

M

MessiCam

Rotation is a must. Let the younglings have some fun tonight �� but keep at least busquets and iniesta in. I feel this a game where Messi can rest.

Have no problem with rotation but I want them to nail the place first and then worry about youngsters having some fun.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Have no problem with rotation but I want them to nail the place first and then worry about youngsters having some fun.

Point is, Alena is better than Rakitic, Gomes so there is no risk in playing him, or fun in it or whatever. It's the sane thing to do.

M

MessiCam

Point is, Alena is better than Rakitic, Gomes so there is no risk in playing him, or fun in it or whatever. It's the sane thing to do.
Not in the squad for tonight's game so a moot point, but it is the type of change that I'd welcome.

Windhook

For a moment I thought Alena is in the squad and that made me happy... for a moment. :lol:

henias

For a moment I thought Alena is in the squad and that made me happy... for a moment. :lol:

But whats up with Alena having so much difficulty to even be in the squad lineup tbh? He isnt that bad, and he surely has the potential just like how Roberto advanced up the ranks into the Barca first team.

Is it Valverde's decision to exclude him?

Why the fuck is Iniesta starting? :facepalm:

I think Valverde plans on burning him out before January.

Denis deserves to be starting here and I have no idea why Iniesta isn't being rested.

Yet the 23 year old Semedo is rotated every other match.

Xaviniesta

-Semedo keeps getting benched
-Roberto keeps playing RB
-Denis isn't getting chances he deserves
-Iniesta keeps starting even though he's 33
-No rest for Messi
-No love for Masche

Home of Barca Fans