Valverde values a point

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sefond half header from Luis Suarez salvaged a point for Barca at Wanda stadium after hosts were enjoying a lead through Niguez opener.

Catalan team thus ended their 9 matches winning streak but still remain unbeatean after getting through one of the toughest venues of the calender.

59e1413a307c8.jpeg

Here is what Barca coach Valverde: had to say about the 1-1 draw:

"I have a positive feeling from the game," he said. "We must value a point against a great rival who had taken the lead."

"In the first half, we found it difficult to make chances. After half-time, we were able to break up the game. We were more exposed, but we had more chances."

"[After the equaliser] we had chances to win the match, too. It was a great game in general, with a great atmosphere."

"The confidence of forwards can change very quickly - especially when they score. He worked very well in the area and hopefully he can go on a good run."

"In the second half, we had many chances and deserved more than the draw," he said. "I'm happy to score the goal, but it's more important to help the team so they do not lose. I always try to help."

dakt

He's right. I also value a point because it was a very hard game against a big team, coming from NT break all together in times when we are not as great as we used to be (on individual level).
If we ca sustain this momentum until the January when Dembele gets back so we can have more options and possibly with some good transfer, we might have a good chance to win the title. Champions League is something else...I think we need more luck than in previous years, but if the team raises up to the task and Valverde manages to pull the best out of it, maybe we won't be so depended on it.

JerseyAddict

Watching the game I can not to agree with Valverde. 1st half was ATM, 2nd was Barça's. ATM had some clear chances in the 1st half and it would be wrong not to value this draw as a good result. There was an international break, shit happened in Catalonia with all this Madristas pressure. Yes, we could have won, there was a penalty not given to us. But this is ATM in their home so it would be greedy to ask 3pts like it was some 3rd tier club ...

Home of Barca Fans