User Tag List

Thread: Who could replace Suarez?

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who could replace Suarez?

A blasphemous question for us Suarez admirers but one day it will have to come up anyway.

I am trying to think of candidates but those few I can think of fall short of Suarez in his best. All I know we will need a scorer more than a wing/midfielder.

Any names to throw in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Werner would be his perfect replacement. Griezmann is also another option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably will need to happen in the next year or two.

As for replacements, no idea. New names emerge every season. A year ago at this time, barely anyone knew who Kylian Mbappe was. A year later, now look.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what we want in the future.

Messi at the middle seem like perfect option for him and our midfield. It brought back the balance to midfield and we aren't vulnerable defensively anymore.
    But it limits our option in attack, we have only him and Suarez when he finishes. Could it be different if Suarez start performing and Dembele is back to the team?
    If this is the case I would want a guy like Martial, may be Coutinho on LW and some other signing for midfield?

If we decide for striker then we might go for Dybala if he shows he can coexist with Messi more in the NT, Icardi (although I hate him being sob) could be another option. Werner is popular here too and he is undeniably goal machine. Not sure Griezman will work well here

btw, in both cases a guy like Mpabbe would have been perfect fit,but that ship has sailed. but on the other hand many didn't know about him 12 months ago so may be someone else will come
    edit: didn't refresh the page before posting. I've basically sentence look like it is copied from Devils post now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to be long till we need a replacement asap. Hell it could be argued we need one right now. Tough to get a good one right now but whoever we buy I hope isn't one dimnesional and knows only to score.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paquito of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Werner, Griezmann, Belotti maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griezmann is a good shout actually, he as the versatility to interchange across the front 3 which is needed at Barca