Benjamin Mendy

EdmondDantes

He will be as good as Walker in about a season. Guardiola will have two programmable machines as his wing-backs which is scary.

Catta

He will be as good as Walker in about a season. Guardiola will have two programmable machines as his wing-backs which is scary.

By the end of season he will be better than Walker. City has maybe the best full back duo in the world currently, both are fast, athletic, strong, great at attacking and defending.

Vilarrubi

Couldn’t believe how attacking he was at the weekend.. was playing like LW.. and puts in ridiculous amount of crosses.

Gone straight into my fantasy team :lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Couldn’t believe how attacking he was at the weekend.. was playing like LW.. and puts in ridiculous amount of crosses.

Gone straight into my fantasy team :lol:

Yours and everyone elses :lol: had at least 3-4 friends tell me independently they were getting him after those two games. Dude's gonna be one of the biggest name fullbacks by the end of the season I reckon.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Walker is nothing special. Commits many blunders. Mendy is already better.

Mendy has the potential to become the best LB in the World for years to come. Marcelo, Alba are approaching the 30s while Alaba has been disappointing the last few years.

Gnidrologist

Main thing i like about him is his low, sharpish crosses. I remember only Roberto Carlos did something like that and he was absolute master at them. Don't understand why more regular crossers don't use this technique? Is it that hard? Because those low, powerful crosses are so much more dangerous than all sorts of floaters and curlers and unless you have a clear vision whom to square it right on the foot, you'd be better advised to pas it hard and low. Many times even if it doesn't connect the teammate it ricochets furiously and many times ends up as own goal or causes ruckus in the box, which can be exploited by attackers.

Gnidrologist

Yea but that's not really profuse answer, is it? I rarely see these kind of crosses attempted at all. They can't be THAT difficult. Bending like Beckham is difficult, because you have to be Beckham, while kicking low dipping ball across the field needs only decent technique.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mendy has the potential to become the best LB in the World for years to come. Marcelo, Alba are approaching the 30s while Alaba has been disappointing the last few years.

Agreed. A lot of variables to consider still but as it stands currently, he's already one of the most intimidating FBs at a big club in Europe if not the most. He has size, speed, strength, technique & aggression. Perhaps greatest of all, he appears to have hunger & desire to improve.

He comes off a bit too cheeky at times so there is always the concern that he will not be focused but critics said similar about Dani Alves

Vilarrubi

Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a full back be so effective after so little games.. his offensive output was outrageous.. I ended up using my wildcard on my fantasy team to fit him in :lol: I did want some other players too though m

Home of Barca Fans