Benjamin Mendy

utility73

In offense he is a monster. But he still needs to improve at the back. Had a quite shaky first game defensively, was pretty decent in the second and somewhere in between today.

Still if he doesn‘t get injured he is going places.

Vilarrubi

He was shown up badly every time Adama Triaore ran at him ( and passed him everytime today ) .

Mendy had no answers for the Wolves speed merchant ..

That tends to happen a lot against Traore.. nothing to do with Mendy. Traore had most successful dribbles in Europe last season.

Laplacian

He was shown up badly every time Adama Triaore ran at him ( and passed him everytime today ) .

Mendy had no answers for the Wolves speed merchant ..

Traore completed the most dribbles in all of Europe last season, with over 200 successful dribbles. "Speed merchant", I swear some of you have never touched a football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is not one FB in the World Adama won't beat 1v1 with his combination of rapid pace, great dribbling and physique. The problem for him is that it's always been just that. Little end product.

Zidane82

Traore completed the most dribbles in all of Europe last season, with over 200 successful dribbles. "Speed merchant", I swear some of you have never touched a football.
Are you suggesting he isnt fast :)
Jesus Lol

He broke the sprint record a couple of years ago

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adama+traore+speed&rlz=1CDGOYI_enGB671GB671&oq=adama+trairs+soeed&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.10187j0j4&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:

Zidane82

Most wingers are fucking fast, don't be daft. Your pomst suggested his dribbling ability simply came from his speed, not his incredible ball control and slight of shoulder feints.

It was you who overreacted with your ridiculous suggestions ..

I used the popular phrase "speed merchant" simply because he's lightning fast ( fact) .

When you refer to someone you don't list every one of their traits and qualities ..

ASordidGod

Not quite sure what to make of Mendy myself. On one hand quick, quite strong, hell of a cross. Oh, really like his fired passes too. On the other seems really poor defensively, and is incredibly clumsy on the ball. Think he's more suited to a wing back myself, particularly in the games Pep likes his full backs to slot into mid. And in fact the ironic thing is even though he's far better than Delph he might actually make City less effective, in that with him playing Pep will play an inverted winger rather than Sane, who by staying wide provided Silva and De Bruyne with the space to play. Interesting to see how it turns out.

Home of Barca Fans