Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Las Palmas 3-0

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The situation is Catalonia is potentially dangerous, football takes a back seat atm. If playing the game can make things worse then don't play it

Messi983

If your argument is "safety first", I somewhat agree, but I haven't seen police or security say that it isn't safe. The league says "go forward and play", so as I see it the club has totally clean hands, IF something security-related should happen during the game.

Of course police and security won't admit they can't handle their job. But under current circumstances I consider this game as high risk as El Clasico (and probably more) and I doubt there will be anywhere close enough security/police on the stadium because they are on the streets. If something bad happens it will be Barça's fault because we organize the game and should provide the security.

serghei

The situation is Catalonia is potentially dangerous, football takes a back seat atm. If playing the game can make things worse then don't play it

:lol: How is playing football making things worse? Let's just tell the players to go into a undetermined vacation until things get resolved. They can come back around december.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
:lol: How is playing football making things worse? Let's just tell the players to go into a undetermined vacation until things get resolved. They can come back around december.

Barcelona are a politically significant club, they represent Catalonia and their fans are mostly pro independence. Playing the game may (or may not) further increase the tensions which can have an effect outside the game.

Also the security for the game itself might not be good enough, there could be violence at the game

serghei

Barcelona are a politically significant club, they represent Catalonia and their fans are mostly pro independence. Playing the game may (or may not) further increase the tensions which can have an effect outside the game.

Also the security for the game itself might not be good enough

You take care of the security thing by not letting fans in. FC Barcelona are a football club. Some heavily pro-independence fans may well ask the club to stop playing any games until Catalonia is independent. Doesn't mean we should do it.

JamDav1982

You take care of the security thing by not letting fans in. FC Barcelona are a football club. Some heavily pro-independence fans may well ask the club to stop playing any games until Catalonia is independent. Doesn't mean we should do it.

Just fuck over fans who have travelled for game or want to watch it who will just go home peacefully....

It is a mess of a situation not easily reslved as you are making out.

FCBfan22

I think the problem is Tebas and his clowns who couldn't see the potential danger with this game and reschedule it to Saturday or Monday.

Home of Barca Fans