Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Las Palmas 3-0

M

MessiCam

Don't think Digne deserved this treatment. Alba runs a lot and we could rest him more in these weaker home matches.
Digne has always been a weird signing for me. He is solid in defence but offers nothing in terms of attack down the left flank which is integral to Barça going forward. Think he fits in well if you adopt 3 man defence though.

I think Cucurella is a better option should need be.

Richard.H

Don't think Digne deserved this treatment. Alba runs a lot and we could rest him more in these weaker home matches.

I agree. Digne is a solid player, idk why a lot of cules don't like him. I hope he and S.Roberto go to a club where they can get regular starts.

Albo

Digne has always been a weird signing for me. He is solid in defence but offers nothing in terms of attack down the left flank which is integral to Barça going forward. Think he fits in well if you adopt 3 man defence though.

I think Cucurella is a better option should need be.

Digne is much better than Cucurella at least at the moment, Cucu may very well become the better player but atm it's not even close.

M

MessiCam

Digne is much better than Cucurella at least at the moment, Cucu may very well become the better player but atm it's not even close.
I’m talking in terms of going forward. Digne is very solid at the back.

Albo

I’m talking in terms of going forward. Digne is very solid at the back.

Digne is still much better. Digne's attacking talent is a bit undervalued here, he has solid runs but nobody passes to him. Anyway, his role here is not to be the attacking fullback.

M

MessiCam

Digne is still much better. Digne's attacking talent is a bit undervalued here, he has solid runs but nobody passes to him. Anyway, his role here is not to be the attacking fullback.
I don’t get this... With the way Barça are setting up at the moment with Messi as False 9 and Suárez occupying the half space on the left it is imperative that the fullback get high up the pitch to provide the width which is exactly what Alba is doing to great effect. Digne just doesn’t offer you that.

It’s also not just about not passing to him... First he has to get himself into an attacking position that demands the ball or be comfortable enough to interchange quick passes with the midfield or attack.

viper76

Squad list for Tomorrow's game.

Ter Stegen and Cillessen,Semedo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis, Andrés Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Mascherano, Paulinho, Deulofeu, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal i Umtiti.

No Paco and Digne or Arda.

Its so sad when you look at our squad most of the players are average or below average and the bigest mystery is what do our managers see on Gomes .

Albo

I don’t get this... With the way Barça are setting up at the moment with Messi as False 9 and Suárez occupying the half space on the left it is imperative that the fullback get high up the pitch to provide the width which is exactly what Alba is doing to great effect. Digne just doesn’t offer you that.

It’s also not just about not passing to him... First he has to get himself into an attacking position that demands the ball or be comfortable enough to interchange quick passes with the midfield or attack.

Easy solution. Play Denis instead of Luis.

Home of Barca Fans