Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Las Palmas 3-0

mateopol

It's Round 7, not 6.

My line-up would be: ter Stegen - Semedo - Mascherano - Umtiti - Alba - Paulinho - Busquets - Iniesta - Deulofeu - Messi - D. Suárez

JamDav1982

Stick Alba LW and play Digne.

Messi misses that pace in behind when he has the ball. Particularly from the left.

Alba would be a better winger than other pacey options like Deu and Vidal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Stick Alba LW and play Digne.

Messi misses that pace in behind when he has the ball. Particularly from the left.

Alba would be a better winger than other pacey options like Deu and Vidal.

Interesting option. I think that would work too.

kilian

I doubt Alba would be a good option for the wing. A winger needs to have some qualities like 1v1 play and finishing. The only thing Alba is good at is running into space and passing. It`s not enough against good defences and he would probably be useless against parked buses.

JamDav1982

I doubt Alba would be a good option for the wing. A winger needs to have some qualities like 1v1 play and finishing. The only thing Alba is good at is running into space and passing. It`s not enough against good defences and he would probably be useless against parked buses.

Would bet he would be a better winger than Vidal or Deulofeu and at Valencia performed at a higher level than those two have.

As much as anything quite like the idea to stop these fucking high lines and option if runs in behind from left that Messi looks for a lot.

M

MessiCam

Would bet he would be a better winger than Vidal or Deulofeu and at Valencia performed at a higher level than those two have.

As much as anything quite like the idea to stop these fucking high lines and option if runs in behind from left that Messi looks for a lot.
Start Denis on the left wing.

xXKonan

Squad list for Tomorrow's game.

Ter Stegen and Cillessen,Semedo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis, Andrés Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Mascherano, Paulinho, Deulofeu, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal i Umtiti.

No Paco and Digne or Arda.

Just look at this crap squad, all those years of incompetence in the transfer market have finally caught up with us now. Most of our squad is either dead weight or players who are not or will never be at the level good enough to play here. Take Messi of this squad and we would finish 7th in the EPL.

I look forward to watching Messi the next couple of years, then it's all downhill from there. We have to hang tight while we rebuild our squad, hopefully after Barto is voted out in 2021.

M

MessiCam

Denis is a midfielder. It is a waste to play him as LW. I would rather play Denis over rakitic and Iniesta in the xavi role.
Denis is midfield/wing hybrid similar to Coutinho. He played there successfully a number of times and is certainly a more fitting option than Alba in that advanced role. He was very good against Eibar.

Unfortunately he is not suitable to the midfield general role like Xavi because he is too attacking by nature. He won’t offer you that control you want in a 6.

Anyway, it’s perfectly clear that Alcácer, Turan and Vermaelen are not part of the plan going forward so hopefully they can get offloaded in the winter. Apparently Turan refuses to go... He has no ambition.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Squad list for Tomorrow's game.

Ter Stegen and Cillessen,Semedo, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis, Andrés Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Mascherano, Paulinho, Deulofeu, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal i Umtiti.

No Paco and Digne or Arda.

Don't think Digne deserved this treatment. Alba runs a lot and we could rest him more in these weaker home matches.

Home of Barca Fans