Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Las Palmas 3-0

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Game of two halves for us performance wise. Terrible first half and a good second half. Glad to get three points and 7 wins out of 7. But we are just papering over the cracks as our midfield is still rubbish, Luis Suarez is still not match fit and we lack pace.

Badger

We won 3-0 in difficult when the city was basically a war zone and people are still moaning. lol

beogatts

lucho's rotational = didnt work out.
EV's rotational = still working out well.
:valverde2:

next match vs ATM.. should b the actual test good test for this squad.

Last edited:

Galning

Not enough security personnel. That's one of the reasons the club decided to play behind closed doors.

That's bullshit. They first didn't want to play but when La Liga threatened to deduct 6 points they decided to play behind closed doors. Three members of the board already quit, that shows it had nothing to do with security.

Alik

That's bullshit. They first didn't want to play but when La Liga threatened to deduct 6 points they decided to play behind closed doors. Three members of the board already quit, that shows it had nothing to do with security.

What was the point of playing behind closed doors then? In protest? That's weak, as it's nothing but disrespect to the fans and bad for the team.

Andrew M

What was the point of playing behind closed doors then? In protest? That's weak, as it's nothing but disrespect to the fans and bad for the team.

Quotes from Bartomeu:

"This (playing without fans) was a measure to show our rejection of what took place today," Bartomeu told television network BeIn Sports.

"This is not a security issue, the police gave us permission to play, but we wanted to show that this game was different because of everything that is happening in Catalonia and the lack of liberty we have been suffering from.

"We are worried and very sorry. We decided that instead of postponing the game, which is what we wanted, we'd play behind closed doors. That way we show our concern for the situation and send our support to those who have been unable to exercise the right to freedom of expression."

If we hadn't played we'd have lost six points, three for the result and three as a punishment," Bartomeu added.

"There was no reason for us to lose points, all our fans should appreciate that we showed our disagreement with what happened."

Neeraj

Losing points didn't make sense; yet just going ahead as if nothing happened might have pissed people off. This was the 'safe' approach, I guess?

Givenchy

Quotes from Bartomeu:

"This (playing without fans) was a measure to show our rejection of what took place today," Bartomeu told television network BeIn Sports.

"This is not a security issue, the police gave us permission to play, but we wanted to show that this game was different because of everything that is happening in Catalonia and the lack of liberty we have been suffering from.

"We are worried and very sorry. We decided that instead of postponing the game, which is what we wanted, we'd play behind closed doors. That way we show our concern for the situation and send our support to those who have been unable to exercise the right to freedom of expression."

If we hadn't played we'd have lost six points, three for the result and three as a punishment," Bartomeu added.

"There was no reason for us to lose points, all our fans should appreciate that we showed our disagreement with what happened."

Barto got this spot on imo. i dont understand why laliga couldnt just reschedule the game but then again Tebas is a cunt

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca has been the symbol of Catalonia for decades if not a century. That's why many people are disappointed.
It's not about making wisest decision or not, because everyone agrees Barca would suffer from not playing.

Should have let the fans in and let them show what they think. Game is played for them and it would be a great message to the world of what is happening in Barcelona.

Messi983

Barto got this spot on imo. i dont understand why laliga couldnt just reschedule the game but then again Tebas is a cunt

They should just schedule the game on Saturday and this wouldn't happen. It was always risky to schedule the game on the same day than referendum and any sane people should know that. I know Madrid didn't recognize this referendum as legal but they knew it will happen no matter what. It looks to me as if La Liga was just looking for problems. Wouldn't surprised me at all if madridista Tebas hoped we'd decline to play so they could reduce us points to help his beloved RM in title chase. :rolleyes:

Barca has been the symbol of Catalonia for decades if not a century. That's why many people are disappointed.
It's not about making wisest decision or not, because everyone agrees Barca would suffer from not playing.

Should have let the fans in and let them show what they think. Game is played for them and it would be a great message to the world of what is happening in Barcelona.

If they would let the fans in I think that group behind the goal would do what they promised on twitter and game would be postponed in 1st minute. Then sanctions for the club would be even worse than if they wouldn't play the game at all.

So in the end all things considered I think the club made the right decision to play behind the closed doors. But it was always a lose-lose situation for Bartomeu and some people would criticise his decision no matter what he'd do.

Home of Barca Fans