Head to head comparison vs last La Liga season

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Updated with weekend games.
As Kerrybai noticed, I had actually made mistake in first round, which means entire predicted result was wrong. Then again, with last night win, we corrected that mistake and indeed won this season vs tie last season, so looking to finish 2 points ahead of last season results again.
Real won, as they did last season, so if they can keep up with their last season form from now on, they are predicted to go above Atletico, who tied and lost 2 points in that comparison. Valencia lost that fixture also last season, while Sevilla actually lost that match last season, so they regained 3 points and are once again looking to finish exactly as they did last year, first win in 6 matches for Sevilla, can they still turn it around?

Interesting fact, we have now won 6 games in a row in La Liga, that coming from period of 4 away matches, facing Real Madrid, Villareal, Real Sociedad and Real Betis with 21-2 goal ratio with Eibar being second best in same period, getting 13 points from 6 matches with 11-5 ratio.

That away run is special. We'll have a score to settle at Espanyol too!

LeeRomeno

Updated, Barcelona/Real both improve their stats, as they lost their similar fixtures last season, Sevilla/Valencia lost points, Atletico got same result as last season. Real once again look to be favorite for second place.

Ursegor

World Champion
What I take from this is that we were actually not that bad last season. Unbeaten this season, seems an eternity that we dropped points last time, yet it's still only 5 points difference to last season and exact same goal difference. Nuances. Difference is more or less just the shock loss to Alaves last season at home (which we shouldn't have won this season either).

LeeRomeno

What I take from this is that we were actually not that bad last season. Unbeaten this season, seems an eternity that we dropped points last time, yet it's still only 5 points difference to last season and exact same goal difference. Nuances. Difference is more or less just the shock loss to Alaves last season at home (which we shouldn't have won this season either).

Yup, have been saying it aswell, also the fact that second half of season we will have a lot more fixtures where we lost points last season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yup, have been saying it aswell, also the fact that second half of season we will have a lot more fixtures where we lost points last season.

Which ones? From top of my head I know Celta away was lost and equalized clasico at home.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Easier fixtures too. Last season we haven't lost to any top 6 team. Title was lost on smaller games.

Horatio

You're welcome

Don't like this statement as it may downplay our results. You have to consider that this season certain teams have been playing better compared to last season. And those teams where we lost points last season don't seem as strong. Celta doesn't look as good as last season.

LeeRomeno

Don't like this statement as it may downplay our results. You have to consider that this season certain teams have been playing better compared to last season. And those teams where we lost points last season don't seem as strong. Celta doesn't look as good as last season.

Dunno, for some reason we tend to struggle against same opponents quite often. Sociedad away for example, even Alaves was difficult game as last season. Celta looks as strong as they have ever been and didn't we already lose points to them?

Horatio

You're welcome
Dunno, for some reason we tend to struggle against same opponents quite often. Sociedad away for example, even Alaves was difficult game as last season. Celta looks as strong as they have ever been and didn't we already lose points to them?

What are all of the upcoming fixtures where we lost points last season?

LeeRomeno

What are all of the upcoming fixtures where we lost points last season?

Hey! my statement was that second half of season this year we will have more games we slipped last season. Second half of season is already ongoing and away vs Betis and home vs Alaves were already 2 fixtures we lost points last season.
Yet to come: home games vs Atletico, Real Madrid (tied both last season), away vs Malaga, Deportivo and Celta Vigo (lost all last season). Out of all those teams, perhaps Depor is the most unlikely to surprise us, Malaga has conceded no more than 1 goal in their last 5 matches and seem to be back being annoying opponent and Celta Vigo is together with Villareal the second most in-form squad in La Liga at the moment.
Saying all that, in 2 difficult last season fixtures we already have come out with better results.

Moe