CL | Round 2: Sporting CP - FC Barcelona 0-1

ebc_99

Our winning streak is hiding our great flows. This team is a fraud and will get exposed against the first top team we face. Garbage showing tonight.

We beat Juve 3-0 already, we just had a bad game that's all.

Joan

Suarez wasn't that bad today but he really did forget how to control the ball. On the other hand, Iniesta needs rest, he can't play every game cause when fit and fresh Don can still have great matches. They all looked unmotivated and I honestly don't see this attitude changing.

Mitchell1978

We need to play this lineup from now on:

MaTs

Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Roberto-Busquets-Paulinho

Deulofeu-Messi-Denis

It's not perfect, but I can guarantee it would be much better than the crap we currently have.

not shure about Paulinho in Iniesta's position but i would give that line-up a try against Las Palmas.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Top teams don't peak in September. We have much room for improvement as Valverde is getting his grip on the reins and we will be stronger for Demboy.

jairzinho

Paulinho-Busi-Iniesta is the best lineup for the midfield right now. Raki is a huge liability and offers mostly nothing. Iniesta still offers creavity and with him and Busi we can still control possession in midfield with Paulinho making runs into the box.

aaron101

PSG have Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar - strong and fast attack
Real Madrid have Kroos, Modric and Casemiro - great midfield
Man City have total team chemistry and have good players in every position.

We don't have any of these at the moment lol

ronniecro

we played worse games but fuck me this was the most boring one i saw in a long time
also,i hope this was the last time we had rakitić-paulinho-gomes in the midfield

gatsu

How do you want to improve with a midfield not good enough to play for a midtable team. Team peak in term of fitness and thats not our biggest problem. The lack of quality player is.

draconifire

god what an awfull game. One of the worst for us. What happened playing with proper wingers from previous matches, valverde completely dropped the idea of it. A game where you should be making sure your ideas are good, you completly change it.

cro-man

Wow this was painfull to watch and i dont even know if we can get better with the squad we have right now. Take messi out and we are done and its working. Valverde isnt special either but lets be honest even the best trainier in the world couldnt make us better. On paper it does look dark for us. Maybe i am wrong but i dont see the light with this squad . Seeing them play reminds me somehow of tata martinos days but even worse and less potential duo weaker squad.

Ursegor

World Champion
We are in an awful state. There is no silver lining at all. When we won the treble 2 years ago we suffered a lot and it was very hard even when we had a 2 year younger Iniesta, Rakitic overperforming, Neymar scoring 30+ goals, Suarez in the form of his life and Xavi still in the squad.

Now we are Dortmund with Messi upfront. Awful. LMAO at club members having the chance TWICE in 2 years to vote Bartomeu out and not bothering. Getting butchered by PSG and Real winning 3 CLs in a row would be the icing on the cake.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
We are in an awful state. There is no silver lining at all. When we won the treble 2 years ago we suffered a lot and it was very hard even when we had a 2 year younger Iniesta, Rakitic overperforming, Neymar scoring 30+ goals, Suarez in the form of his life and Xavi still in the squad.

Now we are Dortmund with Messi upfront. Awful. LMAO at club members having the chance TWICE in 2 years to vote Bartomeu out and not bothering. Getting butchered by PSG and Real winning 3 CLs in a row would be the icing on the cake.

A good league start has deluded some into believing we're still the same caliber team as before. Many don't understand just how bad our squad truly is. The punishment we will face come February-April will not be pretty and I'm not looking forward to it. The price to pay for a shambolic transfer window after having an already much declined squad.

At this point I imagine it's around a 95% chance that either RM or QSG win the CL, everyone else lumped into that other 5% with Barca not even convincingly the best of that bunch if at all.

Home of Barca Fans