Messi's Best Indiviual Season at Barça

Messi's Best Individual Season at Barça

• Total voters

i_bleed_blaugrana

With the form Messi is in right now, many pundits are saying this is going to be his best season. With that in mind, purely based on overall form, goals and performance, which season in your opinion has been Messi's best?

Messi

I voted 11/12 because maintaining that level for an entire season is just rediculous and
Otherwise unheard off. However this season has been amazing and if he continues with
this form and maintains the output from these first games, it could be just AS good or
dare I say better. It is still a long season though

Meatball

Few things beat the feeling watching Messi almost singlehandedly trashing Bayern at Nou camp and scoring one of the best goals of his career in a Copa Del Rey final! Lucho treble got my vote!

KingLeo10

lucho treble. he was devastating in 14/15. 58 goals, 29 assists and could have been 50 assists if suarez and neymar weren't chance wasting machines. we also destroyed every top team from jan-june that season. atletico, city, PSG, real, bayern, juve.

Mitchell1978

I'm torn between 14/15 and 11/12.
11/12 was more prolific and dominant individually but 14/15 barça won the treble and he was decisive in winning every competition.

So

14/15
11/12
10/11
12/13
16/17
9/10
15/16
8/9
13/14

this season is way to early

bismp

I.11/12

He scored over 70 goals this season,72 if i recall correctly.This is insane,even for Messi standards.However,the team only won the Copa,for many reasons.

Highlight of the season:5 goals vs Leverkusen(!!!)

II.12/13

The ultimate Messidepencia season.Messi would have easily broken his record,hadn’t he suffered some injuries.He scored for like 20+ straight LaLiga games,usually casual braces.60+ goals.

Highlight of the season:Scoring two wonder goals against Milan,helping the team win 4-0 and advance to the next round

III.14/15

The best season of Leo’s career if you count both individual greatness and team success.Almost 60 goals,almost 30 assists and a treble.

Highlight of the season:Humiliating Neuer and Boateng at the CL semifinal.

IV.16/17

Someone could argue that Messi was at his absolute best last season.He carried us to multiple tough victories.Alas,the team was a mess,so we had to settle with the Copa.50+ goals.

Highlight of the season:THAT Bernaleo performance

V.10/11

Messi thriving at the most beautiful Barca to watch.A joy.53 goals.Vintage Messi.

Highlight of the season:Scoring two against Real at the Bernaleo,at the CL semifinal

VI.09/10

The first season when he showed everyone his GOAT status IMO.Almost 50 goals iirc.

Highlight of the season:Scoring 4 against Arsenal

VII.15/16

A few injuries here and there and the start of the decline of Lucho’s Barca.Messi was still great though.

Highlight of the season:Scoring two free kick goals against Sevilla at the European Supercup.

VIII.08/09

The first treble.The best player int world,but not GOAT yet.

Highlight of the season: Scoring twice at the 6-2 humiliation at the Bernaleo.

IX.13/14

His worst season.He was plagued by injuries and often seemed disinterested.The team under Tata was also a mess during the second half of the season.Still,Messi’s worst season would be the best season of world class players’ career.40+ goals iirc.

Highlight of the season: Scoring a hattrick at the 4-3 Bernaleo victory

X.06/07

His last season before becoming the greatest player in the world.

Highlight of the season:The Maradona goal

So far this season has been spectacular.If he can continue like this and if we win some silverware,it can easily rank at a top 3 spot

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
10/11 - his performances and the team's performances were outstanding. Semi and final against Real Madrid and Man United spring to mind.

Windhook

I say the "nutmeg" season - 2010/11. Messi didn't score much goals as in 2011/12, but he was in his best shape in the final stages of the season. The goals against Real Madrid in the semis and the nutmeg on Vidic and also the goal in the final of CL are the highlights, actually they are legendary moments. Here are the highlights:

[youtube]gl5j2tVe0Cs[/youtube]

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
For me I have always said Messi reached a level of mastery in the second half of 14/15 season, and that for me solidified his GOAT status easily. However I can understand how people loved explosive Messi back then with a flawless midfield behind him

Home of Barca Fans