Messi's Best Indiviual Season at Barça

Messi's Best Individual Season at Barça

• Total voters

BarcaOG

Banned
since the question concerns his best individual season then it must be 11/12. and not just because he managed an absurd 72 goal haul, but because he was unplayable all season. it was some godly stuff.

its too bad villa was injured that season and sanchez could not help but slip whenever he got the ball. but thats irrelevant to the question

Mitchell1978

since the question concerns his best individual season then it must be 11/12. and not just because he managed an absurd 72 goal haul, but because he was unplayable all season. it was some godly stuff.

Its 73 goals actually and 29 assists, featuring in 60 of the 64 games FC Barcelona played that season.

Hardy

2010-2011 without a doubt

Infinite stamina, dribbling, change of pace and direction at his best, powerful shots, plus 53 goals and more than 20 assists, always decisive in big games (he totally destroyed Arsenal, Real and Manchester in a row in CL). He had maybe better overall season but that Messi was simply unstoppable, 2012 i think is a little overrated (i mean compared to other seasons), yes so many goals but that Barca was too Messi-centric, i prefer 2014-2015 as second best season.

Last edited:

ManusXavi

2014-15 to Current: Less self-ish than Guardiola days, more vision, more calculated. His beard is a perfect symbol for his experienced wiseness.
Imagine a prime Xavi and Iniesta with him now days *drools* :)

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
It’s between 10/11 and 11/12 for me. I went with 10/11 because he was unstoppable in pretty much every game, whereas in 11/12 he was not as good in a few big games (compared to 10/11).

14/15 was also brilliant, but subjectively I thought he was better in 10/11 in terms of the difficulty of the things he was pulling off

footyfan

Calma, calma

its too bad villa was injured that season and sanchez could not help but slip whenever he got the ball. but thats irrelevant to the question

I thought he was more unplayable in 10/11 than 11/12. I think his 11/12 was more lopsided, there were more games where he was stopped, but also more games where he racked in an absurd haul of goals and assists.

His 10/11 season was more consistent, don’t remember any poor game from him - and more importantly he was brilliant in all the big games.

Home of Barca Fans