Dayot Upamecano

Riordon

We need a leader at the back. I see Upamencano as a complementary CB with huge potential but we already has Lenglet as the complementary CB. Upamencano-Lenglet both need a leader at their side.
Thats why I prefer Soyuncu to anyone on the market.

Daisymorr

This guy is gonna cost a crazy amount of money, whoever wants to buy him. He would be awesome for us as he can play out from the back as well as being a commanding defender. The problem is we haven't got the cash.

My guess would be he will end up City (Pep needs this guy so bad), PSG (money talks) or Bayern (always buy its rivals best players)

Yannik

This guy is gonna cost a crazy amount of money, whoever wants to buy him. He would be awesome for us as he can play out from the back as well as being a commanding defender. The problem is we haven't got the cash.

My guess would be he will end up City (Pep needs this guy so bad), PSG (money talks) or Bayern (always buy its rivals best players)

42m release clause 2021

Daisymorr

42m release clause 2021

What!! If thats true, its a no brainer to sign him as fast as possible. He is easily worth 60-70 million and his age means he will have resale value for many years to come.

There's no way he stays at Leipzig this summer if thats his buyout Clause

Messi983

He won't leave this summer, he has just renewed his contract until 2023. But he'll leave for sure next year.

It's basically the same deal RBL did with Werner last year. Renewed his contract with just a year left on his previous contract but put an accessible release clause in his new contract with a promise to sell him next year which they did.

Not a bad strategy as everyone knows they're still a selling club at this point. They keep their best player(s) for another season and get solid money instead of letting them go for free. But if they'll ever want to make a step forward and start to challenge Bayern more seriously they'll have to find a way to keep their key players for even longer despite interest from other bigger/richer clubs. This probably won't happen for at least 4-5 more years though.

Andresito

Staff member
But if they'll ever want to make a step forward and start to challenge Bayern more seriously they'll have to find a way to keep their key players for even longer despite interest from other bigger/richer clubs. This probably won't happen for at least 4-5 more years though.

Can't see this ever happening. Leipzig will never have that attraction of players. Just take a look at what type of players PSG manage to sign, some money hungry stars and the rest shit that other clubs don't want.
Plus the Bundesliga will never be a league which draws the biggest players, except the Germans of course, so it's different compared to City for example.

But I have no doubt they'll be able to do a Monaco/Ajax and challenge Bayern from time to time and also go far in CL, but with the risk of losing all the good players right after.

Messi983

Can't see this ever happening. Leipzig will never have that attraction of players. Just take a look at what type of players PSG manage to sign, some money hungry stars and the rest shit that other clubs don't want.
Plus the Bundesliga will never be a league which draws the biggest players, except the Germans of course, so it's different compared to City for example.

But I have no doubt they'll be able to do a Monaco/Ajax and challenge Bayern from time to time and also go far in CL, but with the risk of losing all the good players right after.

I know it will be hard but I hope they can somehow do that to stay a longterm contender for BL title. I'm just tired of seeing Bayern winning the league every year and with Red Bull's support I think they have better chances of doing that than Dortmund. And another thing is they have (at least so far) managed to sell their best players (Naby Keita, Werner) outside of the league and not to Bayern. Hopefully this will continue but if Upamecano will prefer to join Bayern next year with a low release clause then they won't be able to do much to prevent that.

Porque

Their model has taken them to a CL semi in record time though. They know what they are doing and do it well. They also have the competitive advantage of developing in Salzburg. Add to that that they are directly owned by a drinks manafucturer with job opportunities in Salzburg and Leipzig. This means they can bypass FIFA rules on youth players by initially offering the parents jobs at RedBull*

*Not yet proven, but a logical deduction. It is what I would do if I were at their capacity.

El Gato

Villarato!
Leipzig will be fine attracting players as long as the rest of the league quits the selling business (looking at you BVB).
Players want both good living and working conditions as well as competitive nature of the league with future prospects, ergo opportunities to create something new and exciting. At the moment Leipzig success and promising squad at Dortmund is improving things for Bundesliga, but it is absolutely key that at least 5-6 clubs are able to compete for CL spots and go on to knockouts, or go fairly far in Europa League.

FinBarcelonafan

Their model has taken them to a CL semi in record time though. They know what they are doing and do it well. They also have the competitive advantage of developing in Salzburg. Add to that that they are directly owned by a drinks manafucturer with job opportunities in Salzburg and Leipzig. This means they can bypass FIFA rules on youth players by initially offering the parents jobs at RedBull*

*Not yet proven, but a logical deduction. It is what I would do if I were at their capacity.

Yeah, this is what Barca should try to do. I am not big believer in Barca B. Having another higher level reserve team would be crucial. This is what City is doing, Liepzig etc.

I know it would cost a lot of money but Barca need to keep up with the times. We are past it now.

MTL_Barca

Werner and Keita left when they had the opportunity, same would've probably happened with Upamecano this summer if it wasn't for Covid.

It's a very long way for Leipzig to be anywhere near the top dogs when it comes to reputation, unless they can seriously challenge Bayern for national titles they are at best on Spurs/Atletico level in a worse league. They are doing their thing and they are doing it smart and slowly instead of forcing it but breaking into the AAA league of clubs is incredibly hard.

Upa is a beast, whoever is gonna snatch him next summer is gonna make a great deal.

Home of Barca Fans