Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Dayot Upamecano

Get him right now for 45 M and add 10M next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudi View Post
    Kicker claims he has 42 mil release clause?!
    Not now, next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaviniesta View Post
    they have sule who is a quality tank

upamenco would be alaba's replacement...but they already have 80m lucas so idk
    They want to offload Lucas. They've signed Kouassi from PSG on a free transfer though.

With a low clause there will surely be a lot of clubs willing to pay 45m for him so in the end it's up to Upamecano to decide where we wants to go. Hopefully we can convince him but I doubt he'll be a priority for a new board.

If we'll buy Garcia now and with Araujo and Lenglet also still young I suspect we won't be looking for another CB next year and prefer to spend our limited money to improve other positions instead.

Well , Pique is old as fu+k so this could be his last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    They want to offload Lucas.
    Maybe they can return the favour and loan him for a season with option to buy.
    Mes que trenta anys d'edat

Man utd reportedly after him. Tbf they get linked to every player. Feel like if they signed him it would put them in contention for the league title. Stronger defence than City for sure, with enough midfield and attacking talent to score against any team

He confirmed that he talks with several clubs. Wonder if Barca is there?

I'd say that's unlikely. Our main CB target looks to be Eric Garcia whom I don't really like all that much (if he wouldn't be a La Masia kid I don't think we'd be interested) even if we'll get him as part of a potential Messi deal or for free next season. I could be proven wrong and hopefully he'll turn into next Pique if he returns but as of now I prefer both Araujo and Todibo over him.

Also don't think RBL will let Upamecano go. AFAIK his 42m clause is only valid from next summer so unless they would accept a future transfer (which wouldn't really make much sense for Upamecano imo. A lot of things can change in one year so it's better for him to keep his options open before deciding his future) like they did with Naby Keita (his situation was a bit different as he only wanted to play for Klopp) three years ago I think he's staying.

And this is the best for us as well. At least we'll have chances to get him after he'll have another season to prove his quality (with a fixed clause his price can't go higher) or maybe decide against signing him if his injury concerns will return.
    Last edited by Messi983; 1st September 2020 at 09:51 PM.

Looks like he's off to utd

if Upamecano ends up staying at RB we should definitely go for him next summer.

Why doesn't Barca offer money + Todibo for Upamecano, RBL would probably accept that. It would be better than getting only money from other clubs. Win Win for both clubs. Also put a 50-60 mil buyback for Todibo, and it would be perfect for Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Why doesn't Barca offer money + Todibo for Upamecano, RBL would probably accept that. It would be better than getting only money from other clubs. Win Win for both clubs. Also put a 50-60 mil buyback for Todibo, and it would be perfect for Barca.
    Todibo is bang average and not rated anywhere near what some on here try to make out.

Barca would snap of hand from any club looking to offer even close to 20m as has been made out would be a bargain in past.