Dayot Upamecano

Messi983

Yeah, this is what Barca should try to do. I am not big believer in Barca B. Having another higher level reserve team would be crucial. This is what City is doing, Liepzig etc.

I know it would cost a lot of money but Barca need to keep up with the times. We are past it now.

Barca is not a privately owned club and can't buy feeder clubs like Red Bull or City Football Group.

We've signed a partnership with Utrecht last summer to send them our youngsters on loan. Haven't done that so far but maybe we should. Eredivisie is a good developmental league. And maybe also find a similar club in Ligue 1.

But this is the most we can do. We can't use other clubs to buy players, develop them and then sell them to us under their market price if they turn out good enough or take a loss with those who won't. We would still be the one risking financial investment in players and hope they'd develop well at another club to maybe be good enough for us one day.

UEFA will also limit number of loans over the next few years so it's not like we can go the Chelsea way and have 30 or 40 players out on loans for years with most of them never getting anywhere close to their first team.

So like it or not Barca B is still our best bet for developing youngsters and for those who are too good for Barca B (but not quite good/ready enough for the first team yet) we should invididually look for the best possible loan destination. Could happen with Pedri this year and will be interesting where we'll loan him if he won't stay.

Another solution is "part-ownership" transfer like we did with Emerson which takes a bit of financial risk of our hands. But those kind of deals are in somewhat grey area and can't happen regularly.

Porque

Well we did have the FC Miami project lined up with Laporta which we had to cut because of financial issues. Would of been great business seeing the MLS today. So there is a way to do something.

Due to its clise proximity we should look at a link up to a club like Toulouse. Ligue1, decent academy. Just a few hours from Barcelona so would be possible to develop a mutual beneficiary.

But well, we probably funked up the relationship over Todibo.

To be fair our signing policy for prospects has been good recently. Trincao and Pedri are strong early pickups.

Messi983

Do you think playing in the MLS is the right way to develop our potential future first team players though? We would surely have some financial benefit from that partnership and maybe get a talented US (or maybe Mexican) kid to La Masia once every few years but this is nowhere near the same to the whole scouting/feeder clubs network Red Bull has build all over the world.

Agreed about Toulouse.

eaman

Let's see how he does against neymar and mbappe. Atletico arent the toughest team for a defender to play against. I did see him play against bayern in a nil all draw and he did well but I think bayern were out of form at the time

clemente

Hahahahaahahahahahahaha

What's so funny? Still hurt over Varane turning into David Luiz every time it matters? We bought Umtiti and Lenglet for a price of a piece of gum, also Araujo, Todibo, I don't even remember last time we had a bad CB or overpaid for one.

Tackle

To be fair we haven't overpaid for a CB since Chygrynskiy. Mina has probably been the biggest flop since then, but we flipped him to Everton for a very good profit in the end.

Alik

What's so funny? Still hurt over Varane turning into David Luiz every time it matters? We bought Umtiti and Lenglet for a price of a piece of gum, also Araujo, Todibo, I don't even remember last time we had a bad CB or overpaid for one.

To be fair we haven't overpaid for a CB since Chygrynskiy. Mina has probably been the biggest flop since then, but we flipped him to Everton for a very good profit in the end.

Song.

Home of Barca Fans