Dayot Upamecano

Yannik

Dayot Upamecano

G7pzxmd.png

Dayot-Upamecano_3310491.jpg

According to MD Robert Fernandez wants De Ligt (18) and Upamecano (18) as long term replacements for aging Pique, Mascherano and Vermaelen.

Messi983

We were already interested in him last summer when he was still at Salzburg but there was no way Red Bull would sell him to other club than Leipzig. Now he apparently has a 100M buy out clause and I don't see RBL negotiate with any club for the next 2-3 seasons. And even with market going crazy I don't believe there will be a club willing to pay 100M for a CB.

Personally, if we bring Mina and Marlon returns I think we are ok at CB for the next few seasons but if De Ligt would accept that I'd sign him and leave him on loan at Ajax for a season or two.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We were already interested in him last summer when he was still at Salzburg but there was no way Red Bull would sell him to other club than Leipzig. Now he apparently has a 100M buy out clause and I don't see RBL negotiate with any club for the next 2-3 seasons. And even with market going crazy I don't believe there will be a club willing to pay 100M for a CB.

Personally, if we bring Mina and Marlon returns I think we are ok at CB for the next few seasons but if De Ligt would accept that I'd sign him and leave him on loan at Ajax for a season or two.

Can't see us having two non-eu players for back up CB

Messi983

I don't either but right now we only have Paulinho as non-eu player since Suarez apparently doesn't count as one anymore. I don't see us getting Coutinho next summer either and we were not seriously linked to any other non-eu player so if Marlon will impress with Nice and Masche will leave after WC I could see him returning and Mina will also surely join next summer if not already in January. But still almost a year until then so a lot of things can happen.

Yannik

accodring to MD he has been heavily recommended by Oscar Garcia Yunyent, Barca's former youth coach. Yunyent is especially hinting at Upamecano's technique, speed and build up play. At 18 he is a starter for Leipzig and arguably also their best defender already, and whoscored even put him into the European Team of the Season (after like ~5 games only of course.)

iR0PFxF.png

1993Kaan1993

accodring to MD he has been heavily recommended by Oscar Garcia Yunyent, Barca's former youth coach. Yunyent is especially hinting at Upamecano's technique, speed and build up play. At 18 he is a starter for Leipzig and arguably also their best defender already, and whoscored even put him into the European Team of the Season (after like ~5 games only of course.)

iR0PFxF.png

Orban is better for now.

Jair Ventura

He's a lot better than Umiti was at the same age. Imo he's the CB equivalent of Kylian Mbappe. My favorite CB since Marquinhos was coming up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Probably staying in Leipzig until 2019 or 2020 being one of the pillars of their project.

Should keep a very close on eye on this guy.

Home of Barca Fans