Dayot Upamecano

Messi983

Didn't know his contract is expiring in 2021, we should seriously consider him...

[tw]1220038599917363200[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't know his contract is expiring in 2021, we should seriously consider him...

[tw]1220038599917363200[/tw]

He's a better talent than Lenglet and would be on the French NT along with Konaté had Deschamps not cared so much about which club you play for. For what it's worth Umtiti was DD's 7th choice CB in 2016 behind bums like Zouma and Adil Rami, so you either have to play at a big club or be a favorite of Didier.

He's the type of athletic CB we need to sign. I'm tired of the management signing slowpokes all the time.

I wouldn't mind Barca signing Upamecano and then Konaté later.

Last edited:

Messi983

Absolutely.

I like Lenglet and think he would look better alongside Upamecano than he does besides Pique.

Pique-Upamecano would also be better than Pique-Lenglet.

DonAK

Yes.

Obviously being a good defender should be the first priority. Having the required athleticism, but being a mediocre defender won't cut it either.

But imagine if you had at least one or even two guys like that as your CBs. It would give you a lot more security defensively and become less susceptible to being cut open on counter attacks if you got one or two guys who could track back in time and can win a foot race or turn around quicker.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is French and Bayern shouldn’t hold any special advantage in his heart over us and if we pay more than Bayern does, we should be able to get him.

But, no idea of course if the club will consider him.

DonAK

He's showing off today. I don't always love his positioning, but he's the right profile and quality CB that we need.

DonAK

I agree on this. He is a real beast, he would be a really good signing.

Contract until 2021 and a release clause of 60m, but Leipzig might sell for a bit less so he doesn't go to Bayern. Could be a good opportunity for the club if they take it.

If not then we can always rely on them signing another slow CB from a La Liga team....

Home of Barca Fans