Dayot Upamecano

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He would be a great option. Is a very fast CB too which would be nice to have.

Leo_Messi

The few times that I have watched Leipzig this season (for occasional betting purposes, lol), Ibrahima Konaté has been much better. Younger too and more physically imposing. Seems quicker too. Better WhoScored ratings as well. Probably the much cheaper option as he is lesser known and not as hyped as Upamecano.

Anyway he would not be the worst choice out there but I can certainly think of better and likely cheaper options. His teammate, Konaté being one of them.

I have no doubt in my mind that Ibrahima Konaté, provided that he does not suffer from a serious injury or turns out to be completely irresponsible outside of the football field, will be playing for an absolute top club and be rated as one of the best defenders in the world. He has every skill in his toolbox to succeed. Rest will be mental.

Last edited:

Messi983

100M is his buyout clause IIRC. I don't see any reason why RBL would sell him for anything less this summer. Maybe if he won't want to renew his contract which expires in 2021 they will be ready to cash on him in 2020 but can and should we wait for another 18 months before buying a new CB? It depends on a lot of factors but right now I would say no and based on all the rumours it seems Barça is determined to sign a CB (maybe even two) this summer. But even if we would be prepared to wait for Upamecano until next year I expect to be closer to De Ligt and possibly VVD price range than to 40-50M.

Arizona Scott

A. Madrid wants him as a replacement for Godin. Good choice.

Good, if this is true, this means he is likely good, Atletico is usually pretty good in assessment. Could be a smokescreen however (not their real target)

If it is someone Barca wants they can't compete, they are already having to reshuffle to accomodate Morata.

Nothanks

unless umtiti is surely out for a long period of time i see no reason for us to get another young talent.

pique, todibo, legnlet, and umtiti surely is enough.

unless Todibo is for barca b (which im seeing no rumors about)
we have no reason to hoard a bunch of centerback talent.

leftback, striker and potentially centermids are bigger priority if we sell rakitic / denis / rafinha / gomes.

Jombi

unless umtiti is surely out for a long period of time i see no reason for us to get another young talent.

pique, todibo, legnlet, and umtiti surely is enough.

Really? We dont know Umtiti's state at all, Pique is 32 and distracted and Todibo is a complete wild card who could be far worse than Yerry Mina (will Todibo go out on loan?).

Cule4life

The Culest
I won't be mad if we go for him instead of De Ligt. But then again he won't come for less than something like 50-60m.

Leo_Messi

Ibrahima Konaté is the vastly superior player so not sure why we or Atlético de Madrid would go for the worse, likely more expensive and more hyped version of the two leading Leipzig CB's.

defyqa

Ibrahima Konaté is the vastly superior player so not sure why we or Atlético de Madrid would go for the worse, likely more expensive and more hyped version of the two leading Leipzig CB's.
Or maybe, just maybe, you are simply wrong. I like Konate. But Upamecano and especially de Ligt are better/have higher ceiling.

Leo_Messi

Or maybe, just maybe, you are simply wrong. I like Konate. But Upamecano and especially de Ligt are better/have higher ceiling.

According to who? Konaté has been superior than Upamecano this season. I don't see a single thing that Upamecano does better than Konaté. According to all available ratings, Konaté is the superior player so far as well. Of course this could change but I doubt that there are many people out there who rate Upamecano higher than Konaté. People who have actually watched more than 5 Leipzig games this season that is.

Anyway sure, Konaté could fail spectacularly in the future and Upamecano could set the world alight but I highly doubt so.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans