Dayot Upamecano

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I very much doubt we'll get him. I won't be surprised if he stays at RBL for another year.

His agent said he's likely to stay for another season. So no Bayern, Barca or any other team it seems, at the moment at least.

Andresito

Staff member
His agent said he's likely to stay for another season. So no Bayern, Barca or any other team it seems, at the moment at least.

I genuinely wonder why.

It might be a general thing among clubs that not a lot of cash can be spent. I'd get it if that was the case.
But if teams keep making 50M transfers this summer and Upamecano isn't one of them, I very much doubt he's the level of player he's thought to be.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I genuinely wonder why.

It might be a general thing among clubs that not a lot of cash can be spent. I'd get it if that was the case.
But if teams keep making 50M transfers this summer and Upamecano isn't one of them, I very much doubt he's the level of player he's thought to be.

I think his agent said that it's because of the market. Leipzig will not do a swap deal and will want 50m cash for him and no team can afford that right now.

LABarcaFan

I think his agent said that it's because of the market. Leipzig will not do a swap deal and will want 50m cash for him and no team can afford that right now.

So we can afford to pay at least 90 m. plus a player for Lautaro, but can not afford to pay 50 m. for Upamecano? Ridiculous.

Andresito

Staff member
Leipzig are in a weak position here. I doubt he'll be sold for the full release clause if he leaves.

“Upa is an extremely important player for us and one of the most sought-after talents in his position,” Mintzlaff told Bild.
“One thing we can assure you of is that we have a very clear understanding with him and his agent that he will not be allowed to leave for free. We can’t afford that as a club.

“There are two options for him – he will either sign a contract extension or leave. I’m sure that we will know relatively quickly in which direction it goes.”

As seen today we definitely need one or two new centre backs, Umtiti is finished. 50 million clause Abidal please man fix up and bring him to Barca ffs. Tired of these slow and unreliable centre backs.

Home of Barca Fans