Lliga | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Eibar 6-1

Ronaldinho10

Great result, our play not so much. Eibar looked like a worthy opponent and we were lucky to win a penalty and double with a corner goal. They ended up having more shots and corners than us too. Valverde still needs a lot work to do in mifield but I wonder what can he do with these options.

Onto the brighter stuff.. :messi: was simply awesome again and new guys :paulinho: and :semedo: did well again.

Very attractive match and Barca's 6th win on a trot. :) Girona (ManCity B) in 3 days so no much time for rest.

Great win Messi out of this world again Paulinho is linking well in the system and semedo looks a bright signing and all of this without ousmane or louis suarez maybe we can be hopefull this season.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
We flicked a switch in second half and went into Messi cruise control. 5 out of 5 in the league.

ASordidGod

Great result, our play not so much. Eibar looked like a worthy opponent and we were lucky to win a penalty and double with a corner goal. They ended up having more shots and corners than us too. Valverde still needs a lot work to do in mifield but I wonder what can he do with these options.

Onto the brighter stuff.. :messi: was simply awesome again and new guys :paulinho: and :semedo: did well again.

Very attractive match and Barca's 6th win on a trot. :) Girona (ManCity B) in 3 days so no much time for rest.

This, pretty much. Score flatters us but also, some positives. Paulinho is an option, at least. Which is more than I was expecting to be honest. Though with him in a 2 there's very little control.

eaman

Very poor first half from us especially in midfield. Decent second half. Paulinho is an option against the bottom ten teams and if you don't plan on controlling games which is what we did first half especially. No doubt Paulinho will score a few more this season but I doubt they bought him for that. Semedo is very impressive. But where would we be without Messi. It wasn't even his most impressive overall game but still scored four

slvtn

Just watched a longer resume and besides some clumsy actions in midfield and defense, it looked good overall. But keeping in mind that our league start has been quite easy, there's still a lot to improve. However I like that Denis and Paulinho performed well again and Paulinho seems to add some quality with his rather bulky physics. The team looks harmonic.
On a sidenote: Messi always finds crazy gaps, he should easily be mini golf world champion for the rest of his life once he retires.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think we look harmonic at all.
But we do need to remind ourselves that we haven't gotten that midfield signing and are playing without Dembele so Valverde's position is worse than Lucho's last year.

Alena should be a serious option for him or at least try Roberto as MC more because Iniesta looks tired, Rakitic lost his mojo and Paulinho, while delivering goals, isn't working as a midfielder.

PhilS

I'm not convinced, either, about Paulinho as a midfielder. He's not from the Barca mold. But, so what? This guy is a huge positive addition. The team needs options for who can put the ball in the net. Turning down the shot and trying to pass to Messi will not always work. A deep lying striker, who defends box to box, just give his position a new name. The rest of the team can cover for all the ways Paulinho is not Xavi.

Horatio

You're welcome
Gauging the strength of this team...I think we will finally be able to beat Celta away again. XD

Home of Barca Fans