Dembele out for 3-4 months

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona got some bad news after tests confirmed Ousmane Dembele could be sidelined between 3-4 months.

445D645400000578-4892568-image-m-9_1505650717428.jpg

French international, who joined from Borussia Dortmund in the summer in a club-record move, ruptured a tendon in his left thigh during Barca's 2-1 win over Getafe at the weekend.

Dembele will now undergo surgery this week in Finland and is expected to be out for between three to four months.

BarcaOG

Banned
really terrible and sad news... i hope he is not too upset about it. time is on his side. animo brother

impeh

Hi, its me..
that really sucks, i hope he recovers well. If messi gets injured we are really screwed.

Maybe there's hope for Turan/Denis in the front line

PhilS

Valverde has made quite clear that Turan is out. I also doubt Paco will be seen much at all.

We'll see Deulo get his chance. But if he can't produce, Valverde may go with what he has. He has lots of midfielders, quite a few of whom have already shown they deserve the chance to be regulars. I see 4-4-2 coming, maybe more like 1-1 up front. This should get more out of L. Suarez, who as of now is the #1 undeveloped resource for this team. We will see the a lot of goals by midfielders, with Paulinho leading them in scoring. This formation should also stiffen the defense.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Deulofeu is ok and motivated. And if that doesn't work we can try Roberto there. His RW performance in Bernabeu 2015 was it? still brings a smile to my face.

Sasuke85

Deulofeu is ok and motivated. And if that doesn't work we can try Roberto there. His RW performance in Bernabeu 2015 was it? still brings a smile to my face.

Yes, I always love to see Roberto playing at an attacking position. I believe he was born for that.

Keeping him at RB and then judge his performance is like what Einstein once said: "everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid".

Neeraj

Off topic; but on the Roberto and Deulofeu discussion, I really like Bob in certain parts of midfield. He hasn't been that great at CDM or CM of late; he needs a different kind of role in midfield. I'm not sure what that would be exactly, but I really want to see him instead of Rakitic. I just don't get what Valverde sees in Rakitic at this point in time to play him over Roberto.

Also, if you noticed Delufoeus goals/assists till now - they have all really been him showing tenacity rather than skill :lol:. He has tried taking on his man many times, usually there's a messy tangle of legs and rebounds and he comes away with the ball :)

Home of Barca Fans