Alisson

Joan

Because Cafu said so. He has no reason to lie or to say he will go 100% to Real if he wasn't sure.

He said: Sí, para mí sí, definitivo, de la Roma al Real Madrid.

Didn't say when or indicate it's more than his personal belief (or wish?).

Nothing's 'almost certain' here. In my opinion.

El Gato

Villarato!
Word is we’ll lock him down for 60-65. Decent deal. Shame it means we’re using a non-EU spot on a keeper tho.

BenRobbins

Word is we’ll lock him down for 60-65. Decent deal. Shame it means we’re using a non-EU spot on a keeper tho.

I think you can do better than Alisson. I am not convinced.

I don't see the point in replacing Navas unless a top top proven GK becomes available.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think you can do better than Alisson. I am not convinced.

I don't see the point in replacing Navas unless a top top proven GK becomes available.

It's alright. Can't complain. I'd defo take him over Courtois for instance. He is kind of a quicker solution. Navas is fine and can keep a secondary spot. He's the kind of player who can comfortably be used as a competitive 2nd keeper akin to Bravo-Caballero rotation in City last season.
Alisson is younger and will improve with age. He's obviously very good already, so if De Gea doesn't put the work in on his end to try and make the move happen, then no point spending another summer only to get the disappointed by the fax machine.

Vilarrubi

Navas is good and doesn’t get enough praise from Madrid fans... haven’t seen much of Allison tbf.

(De Gea just signed 5 year new deal.)

El Gato

Villarato!
Navas is good and doesn’t get enough praise from Madrid fans... haven’t seen much of Allison tbf.

(De Gea just signed 5 year new deal.)

That's true. His mistakes are highlighted more than the things he does well. But keeper needs to be stable and can't have the types of games like he had vs Juve. A lot of floundering around in the league too. Very avoidable things and signs he is on a slow decline.
But he's a stupendous professional that is loved by madridistas so nobody wants to see him go. Which means the logical solution is to get a younger keeper who can improve with time and if not ready to hold the fort for 38 league games right now, can still be rotated around with Navas who will happily jump in. Pretty common practice with Bravo-Caballero, Casillas-Navas, Buffon-Szczęsny..

Vilarrubi

That's true. His mistakes are highlighted more than the things he does well. But keeper needs to be stable and can't have the types of games like he had vs Juve. A lot of floundering around in the league too. Very avoidable things and signs he is on a slow decline.
But he's a stupendous professional that is loved by madridistas so nobody wants to see him go. Which means the logical solution is to get a younger keeper who can improve with time and if not ready to hold the fort for 38 league games right now, can still be rotated around with Navas who will happily jump in. Pretty common practice with Bravo-Caballero, Casillas-Navas, Buffon-Szczęsny..

Yeah agree, 2/3 years ago he made hardly any mistakes at all he was class.

Still don’t understand why you didn’t get Kepa?

El Gato

Villarato!
Think Zidane didn't want to disturb Navas' confidence mid-season. His unwavering loyalty was a protective shield for the players who were prone to streaks of bad form like Navas or Benzema. Quite likely part of the reason he chose to go - so that the club can sign who they must without him getting the flak for making the call to replace his soldiers.

I actually wouldn't mind Kepa, even if it was a bit of a compromise on all parties from Perez, through Zidane, all the way to Navas.

serghei

Top 5? Stretching. And even if so, not for much longer. Just like Iker was a top keeper until a certain moment in his career.

Yes, top 5. His ability to do crazy saves at clutch times is one of the reasons Madrid won 3 CLs in a row. He's been unjustly blamed in a lot of games where Madrid's defense just went to sleep and left him exposed in La Liga.

He's been anything but carried by this Madrid team in CL. More than did his part and in some key games he was one of the standouts.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes, top 5. His ability to do crazy saves at clutch times is one of the reasons Madrid won 3 CLs in a row. He's been unjustly blamed in a lot of games where Madrid's defense just went to sleep and left him exposed in La Liga.

And justly blamed for a lot of the times he fluffed a goal in. Positioning on the Insigne goal last season? Stuff flying through his gloves? He's great, but mistake prone. Happens to many such keepers and if it happens fairly frequently now then it'll just get worse and worse. You're acting like somebody is kicking out a top5 keeper. Not the case.

Home of Barca Fans