Wendel

Jombi

He was in the team of the season awarded by the league itself and Globoesporte one too.

I think those two are far more valid than you picking out a random one to suit your argument.

Placar has awarded the team of the season since 1970. Not random at all. Globo and the federation is the same award. Who was awarded player of the year? Not Arthur. It was Jo. When a player like Jo is better, we have to think twice before splashing 50m...

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Placar has awarded the team of the season since 1970. Not random at all. Who was awarded player of the year? Not Arthur. It was Jo. When a player like Jo is better, we have to think twice before splashing 50m...

Placar is irrelevant compared to the Brasileirao's own rankings and El Pais in Uruguay's prestigious award.

Arthur just got voted as the 3rd best player in the continent. For comparison Gabriel Jesus ended 2nd behind Miguel Borja.

Jombi

Arthur just got voted as the 3rd best player in the continent. For comparison Gabriel Jesus ended 2nd behind Miguel Borja.

Gabriel Jesus was the best player in the league last season. Both Placar and Globo awarded him the best player award. There was no doubt about that.

Arthur is clearly not a 50m player. Not even close.

DonAK

Cant use these votes to judge best player or value. That should be obvious.

Not saying he's worth 50m, but this guy has performed on a high level, been a MOTM on their equivalent of the Champions League, named in both TOTS in Brazil and the Libertadores.

He's obviously going to cost more than Wendell then who's been nowhere close.

Jombi

Not saying he's worth 50m, but this guy has performed on a high level, been a MOTM on their equivalent of the Champions League, named in both TOTS in Brazil and the Libertadores.

More than 10m but you are making stuff up. 20m at most is his worth. 50m is absurd and just his release clause. Lots of garbage players are named in team of the seasons in Libertadores and Brazil.

JamDav1982

I was saying it to Jombi as if it is a set in stone way of judging the player.

Personally have no idea if he is worth 50m only really seen the videos and dont seem all that impressive but think 50m is not a crazy figure for talents out of Brazil if widely chased.

Jombi chooses to ignore Real just paid 45m for a 16 year old and plays the 'insane market' card when it fits and not times like this.

DonAK

More than 10m but you are making stuff up. 20m at most is his worth. 50m is absurd and just his release clause. Lots of garbage players are named in team of the seasons in Libertadores and Brazil.

So the magazine you're using is valid, but the two, one of them the most prestigious award in South America, is not?

Sorry, but that's just stupid like half the drivel you've come up with here.

I'm not even saying he's worth 50m or 40m or arguably even 30m. Just saying he's had 5x the performances of those players mentioned in the grand scheme of things and it surely helps that he doesn't play for a club struggling with their finances that got to sell cheap.

So if Wendel goes for 10m doesn't matter here because he's had performances Wendel has dreamt about, but not gotten anywhere close to yet.

Jombi

So the magazine you're using is valid, but the two, one of them the most prestigious award in South America, is not?

Sorry, but that's just stupid like half the drivel you come up with.

I'm not even saying he's worth 50m. Just saying he's had 5x the performances of those players mentioned in the grand scheme of things and it surely helps that he doesn't play for a club struggling with their finances that got to sell cheap.

Never said that an award is not valid, but he is not in Placar's team (he's on the bench), and they are highly reputable, and it proves that Arthur clearly is not a standout no.1 performer in Brazil this season. He clearly is not, unlike Gabriel Jesus last season. Jo was the player of the year. It should make you think. The CL award puts high emphasis on semi finals and finals, thats why Borja won it because he scored plenty of goals in those and Gabriel Jesus did not. Doesnt mean Borja is a better player.

You cant pay 50m for a guy like that. Makes no sense whatsoever. I've said he is a 20m player at most. Trying to rationalize 50m the way you do makes no sense.

Jair Ventura

Jombi doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Arthur is probably the most hyped talent since Neymar and has performed on every level. Comparing him to average players in an effort to detract from his fee is ridiculous.

Jombi

Jombi doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Arthur is probably the most hyped talent since Neymar and has performed on every level. Comparing him to average players in an effort to detract from his fee is ridiculous.

You're just upset about your ridiculous assessment of Lyon which we discussed and are still bitter about it. So you try to throw stuff on the wall and hope it sticks. Performed on every level. Thats laughable.

Jair Ventura

You're just upset about your ridiculous assessment of Lyon which we discussed and are still bitter about it. So you try to throw stuff on the wall and hope it sticks. Performed on every level. Thats laughable.

I don't even remember what you're talking about. Based only on your takes on Arthur, it is clear you are full of shit.

Jombi

I don't even remember what you're talking about. Referring only to your takes on Arthur, it is clear you are full of shit.

LOL, dont be ridiculous. You know fully well what I am talking about. Regarding Arthur. Lets see. If we actually sign this guy for 50m, we've gone insane.

Jair Ventura

LOL, dont be ridiculous. You know fully well what I am talking about. Regarding Arthur. Lets see. If we actually sign this guy for 50m, we've gone insane.

Jombi, I don't think about you enough to remember what you're talking about off the top of my head. I have many discussions with people here, those I've had with you don't stand out. Regarding Arthur: I hope Barca doesn't sign him, PSG needs a 6.

raki

Jombi, I don't think about you enough to remember what you're talking about off the top of my head. I have many discussions with people here, those I've had with you don't stand out. Regarding Arthur: I hope Barca doesn't sign him, PSG needs a 6.

Dont destroy another player career. Ben Arfa, Krychowiak. Dead.

Home of Barca Fans