User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Wendel

  1. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    He was in the team of the season awarded by the league itself and Globoesporte one too.

    I think those two are far more valid than you picking out a random one to suit your argument.
    Placar has awarded the team of the season since 1970. Not random at all. Globo and the federation is the same award. Who was awarded player of the year? Not Arthur. It was Jo. When a player like Jo is better, we have to think twice before splashing 50m...
    Last edited by Jombi; 2nd January 2018 at 06:59 PM.

  2. #17
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,330
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombi View Post
    Placar has awarded the team of the season since 1970. Not random at all. Who was awarded player of the year? Not Arthur. It was Jo. When a player like Jo is better, we have to think twice before splashing 50m...
    Placar is irrelevant compared to the Brasileirao's own rankings and El Pais in Uruguay's prestigious award.

    Arthur just got voted as the 3rd best player in the continent. For comparison Gabriel Jesus ended 2nd behind Miguel Borja.


  3. #18
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant use these votes to judge best player or value. That should be obvious.

  4. #19
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Arthur just got voted as the 3rd best player in the continent. For comparison Gabriel Jesus ended 2nd behind Miguel Borja.
    Gabriel Jesus was the best player in the league last season. Both Placar and Globo awarded him the best player award. There was no doubt about that.

    Arthur is clearly not a 50m player. Not even close.

  5. #20
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,330
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Cant use these votes to judge best player or value. That should be obvious.
    Not saying he's worth 50m, but this guy has performed on a high level, been a MOTM on their equivalent of the Champions League, named in both TOTS in Brazil and the Libertadores.

    He's obviously going to cost more than Wendell then who's been nowhere close.


  6. #21
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Not saying he's worth 50m, but this guy has performed on a high level, been a MOTM on their equivalent of the Champions League, named in both TOTS in Brazil and the Libertadores.

    He's obviously going to cost more than Wendell then who's been nowhere close.
    More than 10m but you are making stuff up. 20m at most is his worth. 50m is absurd and just his release clause. Lots of garbage players are named in team of the seasons in Libertadores and Brazil.

  7. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Not saying he's worth 50m, but this guy has performed on a high level, been a MOTM on their equivalent of the Champions League, named in both TOTS in Brazil and the Libertadores.

    He's obviously going to cost more than Wendell then who's been nowhere close.
    I was saying it to Jombi as if it is a set in stone way of judging the player.

    Personally have no idea if he is worth 50m only really seen the videos and dont seem all that impressive but think 50m is not a crazy figure for talents out of Brazil if widely chased.

    Jombi chooses to ignore Real just paid 45m for a 16 year old and plays the 'insane market' card when it fits and not times like this.

  8. #23
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,330
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombi View Post
    More than 10m but you are making stuff up. 20m at most is his worth. 50m is absurd and just his release clause. Lots of garbage players are named in team of the seasons in Libertadores and Brazil.
    So the magazine you're using is valid, but the two, one of them the most prestigious award in South America, is not?

    Sorry, but that's just stupid like half the drivel you've come up with here.

    I'm not even saying he's worth 50m or 40m or arguably even 30m. Just saying he's had 5x the performances of those players mentioned in the grand scheme of things and it surely helps that he doesn't play for a club struggling with their finances that got to sell cheap.

    So if Wendel goes for 10m doesn't matter here because he's had performances Wendel has dreamt about, but not gotten anywhere close to yet.


  9. #24
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    So the magazine you're using is valid, but the two, one of them the most prestigious award in South America, is not?

    Sorry, but that's just stupid like half the drivel you come up with.

    I'm not even saying he's worth 50m. Just saying he's had 5x the performances of those players mentioned in the grand scheme of things and it surely helps that he doesn't play for a club struggling with their finances that got to sell cheap.
    Never said that an award is not valid, but he is not in Placar's team (he's on the bench), and they are highly reputable, and it proves that Arthur clearly is not a standout no.1 performer in Brazil this season. He clearly is not, unlike Gabriel Jesus last season. Jo was the player of the year. It should make you think. The CL award puts high emphasis on semi finals and finals, thats why Borja won it because he scored plenty of goals in those and Gabriel Jesus did not. Doesnt mean Borja is a better player.

    You cant pay 50m for a guy like that. Makes no sense whatsoever. I've said he is a 20m player at most. Trying to rationalize 50m the way you do makes no sense.

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    2,976
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jombi doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Arthur is probably the most hyped talent since Neymar and has performed on every level. Comparing him to average players in an effort to detract from his fee is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    PSG winning the league by 13 points is a much better indicator of how strong the league is rather than a smaller team dominating you in one game. Means nothing.. look at Barca vs Levante last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Points gap between first and second, Europes top 5 leagues:

    La Liga: 14
    EPL: 19
    Serie A: 4
    Bundesliga: 21
    Ligue 1: 13

    According to your own criteria, Ligue 1 is the second strongest league of Europe's top 5.

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Jombi doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Arthur is probably the most hyped talent since Neymar and has performed on every level. Comparing him to average players in an effort to detract from his fee is ridiculous.
    You're just upset about your ridiculous assessment of Lyon which we discussed and are still bitter about it. So you try to throw stuff on the wall and hope it sticks. Performed on every level. Thats laughable.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    2,976
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombi View Post
    You're just upset about your ridiculous assessment of Lyon which we discussed and are still bitter about it. So you try to throw stuff on the wall and hope it sticks. Performed on every level. Thats laughable.
    I don't even remember what you're talking about. Based only on your takes on Arthur, it is clear you are full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    PSG winning the league by 13 points is a much better indicator of how strong the league is rather than a smaller team dominating you in one game. Means nothing.. look at Barca vs Levante last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Points gap between first and second, Europes top 5 leagues:

    La Liga: 14
    EPL: 19
    Serie A: 4
    Bundesliga: 21
    Ligue 1: 13

    According to your own criteria, Ligue 1 is the second strongest league of Europe's top 5.

  13. #28
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,445
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    I don't even remember what you're talking about. Referring only to your takes on Arthur, it is clear you are full of shit.
    LOL, dont be ridiculous. You know fully well what I am talking about. Regarding Arthur. Lets see. If we actually sign this guy for 50m, we've gone insane.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    2,976
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombi View Post
    LOL, dont be ridiculous. You know fully well what I am talking about. Regarding Arthur. Lets see. If we actually sign this guy for 50m, we've gone insane.
    Jombi, I don't think about you enough to remember what you're talking about off the top of my head. I have many discussions with people here, those I've had with you don't stand out. Regarding Arthur: I hope Barca doesn't sign him, PSG needs a 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    PSG winning the league by 13 points is a much better indicator of how strong the league is rather than a smaller team dominating you in one game. Means nothing.. look at Barca vs Levante last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Points gap between first and second, Europes top 5 leagues:

    La Liga: 14
    EPL: 19
    Serie A: 4
    Bundesliga: 21
    Ligue 1: 13

    According to your own criteria, Ligue 1 is the second strongest league of Europe's top 5.

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,267
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura View Post
    Jombi, I don't think about you enough to remember what you're talking about off the top of my head. I have many discussions with people here, those I've had with you don't stand out. Regarding Arthur: I hope Barca doesn't sign him, PSG needs a 6.
    Dont destroy another player career. Ben Arfa, Krychowiak. Dead.