Malcom

Andresito

Staff member
My friend is Roma's fan.
He says that Monchi ruined their club.

Maybe he was successful in the past.
His last summer and last signings were as bad as Robert's summer of 22 with Gomes, Denis, Paco, Digne.

Yeah Monchi was really bad at Roma. Can't disagree with that.
He came in as some sort of god with freedom to do whatever he wanted.

jairzinho

Malcom has to either be sold or loaned. He needs consistent playing time to grow but here is not the place for it.
Maybe at a club where the pressure is less and he can express himself on the field.

I like him. He is from Brasil so maybe i am biased.
Salah left Chelsea at 22, went on loan to Fiorentina and then Roma. Everyone knows what happened after that but nobody saw that coming.

FCB1987

Banned
My friend is Roma's fan.
He says that Monchi ruined their club.

Maybe he was successful in the past.
His last summer and last signings were as bad as Robert's summer of 22 with Gomes, Denis, Paco, Digne.

Paco and Digne were both very good players for the price we paid. Not Roberto's fault that they didn't make it here

Potroh

I like him. He is from Brasil so maybe i am biased.

I think he is much more likable when he is NOT playing...

Otherwise it is a bit comical to see a Brazilian player who has NOTHING in him of Brazilian football...
Could anyone say that he is Brazilian when watching him play?
I seriously doubt it...

jairzinho

I think he is much more likable when he is NOT playing...

Otherwise it is a bit comical to see a Brazilian player who has NOTHING in him of Brazilian football...
Could anyone say that he is Brazilian when watching him play?
I seriously doubt it...

‘He needs consistent playing time to grow but here is not the place for it.
Maybe at a club where the pressure is less so he can express himself on the field.’

Our scouting of this guy considering his price tag was one of the worst ever.

it was actually Monchi, the guy who did all the signings at Sevilla for years and then moved to Roma, the one who had everything agreed with Malcom to sign for Roma. I'm starting to think we just got him b.c Monchi was gonna get him, and he usually gets his signings right.
I think Malcom at best could be one of those players who is not well developed until his 25th or later birthday.
He hasn't really played this season either, so you can't expect him to do well without any playing time.
I still don't believe he's barca ready right now and don't think he has the technical ability to be barca ready one day
I feel bad cause I really like him as a person :(

Andrew M

it was actually Monchi, the guy who did all the signings at Sevilla for years and then moved to Roma, the one who had everything agreed with Malcom to sign for Roma. I'm starting to think we just got him b.c Monchi was gonna get him, and he usually gets his signings right.
I think Malcom at best could be one of those players who is not well developed until his 25th or later birthday.
He hasn't really played this season either, so you can't expect him to do well without any playing time.
I still don't believe he's barca ready right now and don't think he has the technical ability to be barca ready one day
I feel bad cause I really like him as a person :(

How the hell do you know what he is a like as a person?

vuji_31

I need to agree with BBZ post.

Malcom didn't show any sign of future WC or even best winger in Spain.
He always go left, he is not really fast.

He is really bad at finishing and giving the last pass.
You can see it last night.

He is not big potential.He is average player.Maybe his top is playing for club like Sevilla or Bordeaux.

Sell Malcom.
Buy : Chuckaweze , or some young player like Real did it with Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr.

booge

Maybe be at Barcelona we are becoming to used to and acceptant of lesser quality players. We can soon fall into the trap of thinking this way too much.

raskolnikov

I disagree. Not every player has to be a worldclass attacker or great talent.
He can be a very good back up for 80% of our matches. You also need to take into account Valverde destroying his confidence every time he had a good performance.

Potroh

Not every player has to be a worldclass attacker or great talent.

Yes, a team can also be good if there are no world-class players.

But any team is doomed, if the players are NOT great talents, compared to the specific needs of the team.
To start with, talent is something more important than anything else, it is a specific type of precondition to get into any meaningful team.
Without the proper talent a player can play only in teams of the level of his talent.

Why? Because when someone has reached the max level of his talent, he is not able to develop any further, regardless the work and zeal he puts in...

MTL_Barca

Valverde is pretty much doing everything to not help Malcom. Not only isn't he exactly an expert in finding a role for and developing his offensive players but he also ignored him for most of the season even after he played decent games and is often playing him on the left what isn't his best position (but that also comes down to the squad).

That being said i also don't think Malcom is a special talent. I mean that's not really shocking considering he was on his way to AS Roma and not Real or City when Barca hijacked the deal last second. Signing another left footed RW didn't even make much sense to begin with what makes the situation even worse for him. But he also was signed as a backup player so we can't expect too much i guess.

Would like to see him stay with another manager but since Valverde will probably stay it's really whatever to me. Barca can probably find players of that caliber without much trouble at all times.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

We went from having Balon d'or shortlisted wingers like Ronaldinho, young Messi, and Neymar to Malcom and Dembele....sigh.

Like Giuly, Gudjohnson, Bojan, Pedro in 2015, Alexis, overmars,tello.
We always had squad players who added something but were not worldclass.
Dembele can easily become worldclass if not injured and he breaks trough.
Malcolm is a decent squad player when given faith and a very good rotation option with a proper coach.
If you can be motm vs Madrid you can be a solid squad player. It was t a jeffren once a season type thing either.

Home of Barca Fans