Malcom

jairzinho

I wouldn’t buy another winger as long as Ernie is here. If he doesn’t adapt as fast as Ernie wants he’ll end up rotting away on the bench for the entire season or most of it. Look at the way Aleña and Malcolm have been handled so far, while some of our senior players get burned out. Hopefully we don’t run out of gas before the semis start.

Arizona Scott

Henias you text did state he "refuses" to play demeble not "used to refuse", so easy to take a different interpretation and read the full sentence differently than you intended.

Grammar and interpretation aside, my main point is EV consistently started playing dembele (one of thr youngest members of the squad) on a wing once he regularly produced more positive things on the pitch (and surely in training too) than negative things relative to others competing for those spots. Even starting him above more senior and experienced players.

So if you are a winger and don't think you can be better than dembele or coutinho or malcom--and are not happy being a bit/training player on a great team until you can earn your place and understand that might take a while, yes don't come to Barca. The principle really applies to all positions.

Last edited:

henias

Henias you text did state he "refuses" to play demeble not "used to refuse", so easy to take a different interpretation and read the full sentence differently than you intended.

Grammar and interpretation aside, my main point is EV consistently started playing dembele (one of thr youngest members of the squad) on a wing once he regularly produced more positive things on the pitch (and surely in training too) than negative things relative to others competing for those spots. Even starting him above more senior and experienced players.

So if you are a winger and don't think you can be better than dembele or coutinho or malcom--and are not happy being a bit/training player on a great team until you can earn your place and understand that might take a while, yes don't come to Barca. The principle really applies to all positions.

Has nothing to do with the original argument, and that's not my point either.

My point is EV doesnt really care about positions but more about gaps left by seniors. He'll play wingers left and right as he deems fit. This season is more about filling up the LW position because Suarez and Messi occupies RW and ST. So the argument about Malcom not playing due to his RW position is invalid.

Regarding your point, there's definitely no need to neglect an attacker completely especially when you're 3-0 up in a game. No one is demanding he needs to be in a starting 11, or the one to be in a crucial game. No need to be a rigid one-for-one sub, or subs must be of a certain pecking order every single game. Formations can be changed mid game.

Everyone deserves a bit of balanced gametime, even Gomes does. Simple as that and I'll stop here.

Arizona Scott

I thought with 7 points ahead and match in hand it would have been a good time (betis) to play quite a bit of malcom and alena personally. I also think EV should rotate a lot more and make earlier in match subs. I do think the league is over, easier for me on the outside to take that position.

So i disagree a lot with the rotation/sub approach valverde takes. However i think his order of best 11, best 14, est 17, best 22, etc--is pretty much spot on. So i dont think some of the overall rotate/sub/fatigue management approach is what i would do, but i dont see it as a biased approach or unfair one to specific players.

I do sure hope at minimum league matches ahead of cl rounds a treated as experiments now and foremost to have the best 11 in ideal fitness for mid week. That would mean more malcom, alena, murrillo, umtiti (part match), semedo (part match), vidal (cameo), prince, etc.

Home of Barca Fans