Malcom

D10S_JC

Mourinho had left out De Bruyne, Ancelotti had left out Henry, Ferguson had left out Pogba
"Coach know better" can't explain everything.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only reason MAtS is at Barcelona right now is because he gave an ultimatum to the club and told them to choose him or Bravo as Man City were trying to sign ter Stegen and ended up settling on Bravo.

And if you go back to the posts at that time people were saying the same. The coach knows the best. Unzue was a GK and sees these guys in training every day. Ter Stegen makes blunders all the time and it doesn't matter that he's young because he sucks and Bravo will play at a World Class level until he's 40.

No, the coach doesn't always know the best. Not even Pep Guardiola. And I certainly would not give this benefit of doubt to Ernesto Valverde.

Were you people saying that the coach knows the best when Andre Gomes and Denis Suarez were playing under Lucho over Rakitic? I bet not because it doesn't suit the narrative you want to present :shrug:

No one here is saying that Malcom is a saviour, but this is a classic case of shitty man management. Malcom is a player who's played well at every opportunity given to him at Barcelona so far and showed to have that spark that can be useful in changing a game off the bench, which is a part of having that bench. It's not only for injuries. It's also for having players that can make an impact off the bench to turn the game in our favour.

It's unbelievable how low our standards have fallen under Valverde. I never saw anyone giving this benefit of doubt to Tito, Tata or even Lucho that Valverde has gotten so far on this forum from certain posters.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I remember Douglas making the bench ahead of Montoya at times due to how hard he worked in training. No sane person would even consider Douglas being better than Montoya. Or Gumbau over Samper during the 15-16 season no matter what your feelings are about Samper there's no way in hell Gumbau was a better talent. :lol:

Cule4life

The Culest
Ev sees him every day on training grounds in training matches and knows his abilities

Like he saw Gomes before?

Like he sees Pique, Bob and Rakitic?

Like he (doesn't)see Arthur, Vidal and Alena?

So pardon me if the judgement of a mid table nobody manager like Ernie doesn't hold much water with the majority of Barca (and football) fans.

God Serena

So pardon me if the judgement of a mid table nobody manager like Ernie doesn't hold much water with the majority of Barca (and football) fans.

Like he saw Yerry Mina :coffee:

BBZ8800

Still not really enough to get a good grasp on how Malcom can look. I mean it's preseason man most of the time it was to build proper fitness levels.

As for training ground stuff yeah not really a good barometer either. I mean you can look at the High lights of the training games and you see running, people scoring long shots etc but none of that shit really transitioned to the actual match itself going by our season so far. :lol:

So, you say that I haven't see enough of Malcom to be able to judge him and say that he is probably on the bench deservedly and not Barca's level.
On the other hand, what have YOU seen of Malcom to have such a high hopes from him?
1. highlights from, how majority of guys call it: a farmers league.
And even there he plays for an average team in that Mickey Mouse league.
2. his price tag, which as said before, is similar to Chyngrynskyj, Keirrison, Henrique in their days
3. he is a shiny new toy and people always have hope in young, shiny new toys

despite having best roster in the world.

I'll send this to Wikipedia and other sites.
This will be a good textbook of "a denial" and living in a delusion.

Mourinho had left out De Bruyne, Ancelotti had left out Henry, Ferguson had left out Pogba
"Coach know better" can't explain everything.

Of course.
But of out 10 cases, a coach will be wrong in 1 case and he will be right in 9 cases.
The same EV DIDN'T play:
1. Paco
2. Cillessen
3. Rafinha
4. Arda
5. Samper
6. Denis
7. Duelofeu
8. Vermaelen
9. Semedo, to some extent
10. Mina

He made a mistake with Gomes.
So, you see, when someone says:
= a coach is probably right
Then a reply: like he did with Gomes is a bad answer.
Since: he made a mistake with Gomes, but he was right in other 80-90% of cases, the same as majority of coaches.
Mou made these mistakes, but he didn't play 100s of crappy players over years.
Ok, some make more mistakes. If you exclude Mou, coaches do make mistakes here and there and 100s of good calls in between.

That is like saying: Mats made a blunder on that match.
Well, ok.
But he made 20 awesome saves in between.
The same is with coaches.

If you want to remember only blunders and mistakes, you will always be able to wright a few examples.

The only reason MAtS is at Barcelona right now is because he gave an ultimatum to the club and told them to choose him or Bravo as Man City were trying to sign ter Stegen and ended up settling on Bravo.

And if you go back to the posts at that time people were saying the same. The coach knows the best. Unzue was a GK and sees these guys in training every day. Ter Stegen makes blunders all the time and it doesn't matter that he's young because he sucks and Bravo will play at a World Class level until he's 40.

No, the coach doesn't always know the best. Not even Pep Guardiola. And I certainly would not give this benefit of doubt to Ernesto Valverde.

Were you people saying that the coach knows the best when Andre Gomes and Denis Suarez were playing under Lucho over Rakitic? I bet not because it doesn't suit the narrative you want to present :shrug:

No one here is saying that Malcom is a saviour, but this is a classic case of shitty man management. Malcom is a player who's played well at every opportunity given to him at Barcelona so far and showed to have that spark that can be useful in changing a game off the bench, which is a part of having that bench. It's not only for injuries. It's also for having players that can make an impact off the bench to turn the game in our favour.

It's unbelievable how low our standards have fallen under Valverde. I never saw anyone giving this benefit of doubt to Tito, Tata or even Lucho that Valverde has gotten so far on this forum from certain posters.

And then people call me a strawman, lol.
Yeah, there will always be one Gomes and Mats.
Even though for Mats, Bravo was awesome back then.

Then, be honest and count how many crappy players DIDN'T get a chance at Barca, FOR A REASON.
Halilovic, wow, we dodged a bullet.
Imagine if we gave him 2-3 years to try to mature, and improve his mistakes.
Imagine replies BEFORE hindsight:
He is young.
He could be our new Messi.
Wow, this guy is special.
He needs to be given time.
He can fix his flaws. He is young, he has potential.
Give him a break, he is only 20.
He is a kid in a new country, he will be fine over years.

Fast forward his story: he hasn't improved.
Nothing helped him.
A coaches were right for not giving him a chance at all.

Imagine if we had more trust in Adama and lost 2-3 years in trying to develop him.
Dongou, Sandro, Kaptoum, Samper etc.

If EV and staff on a training grounds are bad, stupid and blind, how come that they were right in majority of cases and spotted right away that Halilovic and Adama are NOT Barca's level, and sold them without even giving them chances.
And of course, they were right.

So, when I say that a coach is usually right.
And you or someone mention in a sarcastic way: yes, like with De Bruyne, Mats or Gomes.
Then I could easily reply with 100 names like Halil, Adama, Sandro, Dongou, Kaptoum and 10s of Barca B defenders and midfielders who were shipped away without a single minute here.
And coaches and staff assessed them right without giving them a chance.

A black magic, right?
No. They just seen 10 000s of players when those coaches were kids and players, then during their playing career and then 1000s of players during their coaching years.
THat is 40-50 years of watching young players and assessing them quite fast.
And in majority of cases they can predict their potential and level after a very short time period.
That time period is way shorter than a period which an average forum member needs to assess skills and a potential of our players.

He will be right in other 4 out of 5 or 9 out of 10 cases.

He should have been given 4-5 years to see whether we can develop him :rolleyes:
Or since this is business, we could have sold him fast (which we did) and then just buy a new player who has a higher chances to make it here and a shorter potential adaptation and development period.

It doesn't mean that Mina wouldn't make it here after 3-4 years of waiting.
But in terms of numbers and probabilities, it is not worth it.
It is wiser to invest more time and money into someone with higher chances to make it here. And to make it faster.

That's what people don't get.

Malcom could make it here.
But instead of waiting let's say 3-4 years whether he will make it or not, it is wiser (for business) to move on to someone with a higher potential and who will be/or won't be on our level sooner.

Last edited:

gasgas

So, you say that I haven't see enough of Malcom to be able to judge him and say that he is probably on the bench deservedly and not Barca's level.
On the other hand, what have YOU seen of Malcom to have such a high hopes from him?
1. highlights from, how majority of guys call it: a farmers league.
And even there he plays for an average team in that Mickey Mouse league.
2. his price tag, which as said before, is similar to Chyngrynskyj, Keirrison, Henrique in their days
3. he is a shiny new toy and people always have hope in young, shiny new toys

I'll send this to Wikipedia and other sites.

Of course.
But of out 10 cases, a coach will be wrong in 1 case and he will be right in 9 cases.
The same EV DIDN'T play:
1. Paco
2. Cillessen
3. Rafinha
4. Arda
5. Samper
6. Denis
7. Duelofeu
8. Vermaelen
9. Semedo, to some extent
10. Mina

He made a mistake with Gomes.
So, you see, when someone says:
= a coach is probably right
Then a reply: like he did with Gomes is a bad answer.
Since: he made a mistake with Gomes, but he was right in other 80-90% of cases, the same as majority of coaches.
Mou made these mistakes, but he didn't play 100s of crappy players over years.
Ok, some make more mistakes. If you exclude Mou, coaches do make mistakes here and there and 100s of good calls in between.

That is like saying: Mats made a blunder on that match.
Well, ok.
But he made 20 awesome saves in between.
The same is with coaches.

If you want to remember only blunders and mistakes, you will always be able to wright a few examples.

And then people call me a strawman, lol.
Yeah, there will always be one Gomes and Mats.
Even though for Mats, Bravo was awesome back then.

Then, be honest and count how many crappy players DIDN'T get a chance at Barca, FOR A REASON.
Halilovic, wow, we dodged a bullet.
Imagine if we gave him 2-3 years to try to mature, and improve his mistakes.
Imagine replies BEFORE hindsight:
He is young.
He could be our new Messi.
Wow, this guy is special.
He needs to be given time.
He can fix his flaws. He is young, he has potential.
Give him a break, he is only 20.
He is a kid in a new country, he will be fine over years.

Fast forward his story: he hasn't improved.
Nothing helped him.
A coaches were right for not giving him a chance at all.

Imagine if we had more trust in Adama and lost 2-3 years in trying to develop him.
Dongou, Sandro, Kaptoum, Samper etc.

If EV and staff on a training grounds are bad, stupid and blind, how come that they were right in majority of cases and spotted right away that Halilovic and Adama are NOT Barca's level, and sold them without even giving them chances.
And of course, they were right.

So, when I say that a coach is usually right.
And you or someone mention in a sarcastic way: yes, like with De Bruyne, Mats or Gomes.
Then I could easily reply with 100 names like Halil, Adama, Sandro, Dongou, Kaptoum and 10s of Barca B defenders and midfielders who were shipped away without a single minute here.
And coaches and staff assessed them right without giving them a chance.

A black magic, right?
No. They just seen 10 000s of players when those coaches were kids and players, then during their playing career and then 1000s of players during their coaching years.
THat is 40-50 years of watching young players and assessing them quite fast.
And in majority of cases they can predict their potential and level after a very short time period.
That time period is way shorter than a period which an average forum member needs to assess skills and a potential of our players.

He will be right in other 4 out of 5 or 9 out of 10 cases.

He should have been given 4-5 years to see whether we can develop him :rolleyes:
Or since this is business, we could have sold him fast (which we did) and then just buy a new player who has a higher chances to make it here and a shorter potential adaptation and development period.

It doesn't mean that Mina wouldn't make it here after 3-4 years of waiting.
But in terms of numbers and probabilities, it is not worth it.
It is wiser to invest more time and money into someone with higher chances to make it here. And to make it faster.

That's what people don't get.

Malcom could make it here.
But instead of waiting let's say 3-4 years whether he will make it or not, it is wiser (for business) to move on to someone with a higher potential and who will be/or won't be on our level sooner.

Malcolm hasn't even played. How do you make these conclusions?

Raketa10

Shocking! 41 mil for this guy and he has played 25 mimutes?!?! Malcom is Brazil NT player and not some random kid and THIS FUCKING IDIOT doesn’t want to give him a fair chance?!?! Valverde is destroying not only Malcom but Barca financially because his value will drop significantly!

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

On paper, surely, but the thing with competent coaches is that they elevate the quality of their players, while Valverde makes even certified good players worse. Every fucking one except Messi, because no one can mess with him.
And your retarded speculation about player that hasn't even been played and coach knows better. LMAO. He brought fucking Andre Gomes for the last minutes of Roma game and you still respect his judgement.

khaled_a_d

Gomes played 1185 minutes, half of what Semedo played and less than what Digne played. He have played him at weird times but overall he saw him right. Arthur is already starter it seem so not sure what is your point?

Cule4life

The Culest
Oh boy if only the manager's were 90% right there wouldn't be so many sackings :lol:

How can anybody in his right mind trust the judgement of a manager who brought on Despacito when we desperately needed a goal?

BBZ conveniently ignoring that everyone except Messi has regressed under Valverde. And that we don't even have a system.

We could be bottom of the table and BBZ would still say manager is always right.

But then the joke's on us for getting played by BBZ, because BBZ is a guy who now says Germany sucks because they play like a Pep team when he said they were the ideal team just before the world cup :lol:

BBZ will employ retconning, deflection and ignorance to twist things to fit his agenda. You can't have a rational argument with a person like that. They will always stay in their bubble.

BBZ and Wolfe should marry each other. They can enjoy their fake utopia together.

Low blow man.

Maybe he didn't suit our system. The jury is still out on Mina and it's hard to imagine he could have been much worse for us than Pique.

George_Costanza

BBZ is just trolling, it's obvious at this point. He is a high-level smart troll that post essays coupled with statistics to rustle jimmies. He trolls the this forum endlessly yet you all take his posts seriously and some people actually reply with statistics too. :lol: In comparison to low-level trolls like Messigician/RMU who is one dimensional and least entertaining.

Cule4life

The Culest
I never bought into BBZ's essays. Now more and more people are looking past his "stats" and calling him out for his BS.

As a wise man once said-- Brevity is the art of the soul.

Last edited:

Joan

Madness. You're a coach. Wanted Willian? Didn't get him? Too bad! So, you're angry... what do you do? Go tell the board? Protest? Hunger strike? Quit since your squad is not good enough? No! You throw a random kid under the bus to show your dissatisfaction. Childish.

Home of Barca Fans