Malcom

Arizona Scott

..... When you are on the course of winning 7/10 titles, with many doubles and even trebles involved in the process, it does take a lot of courage and vision to make bold changes. There is always a tendency to minimize the CL failures.

Some will minimize CL failures that can turn on one bad half of football, or even a play. Some will minimize League dominance. As well regarded as Zidane is he only won 1 of 6 of the major Spanish trophies, that part of his performance is very underwhelming. (If I recall maybe only link 2 of 3 of his CL groups as well). But for those who only watch 450 minutes of football a year or less--of course they stilt to CL eliminations matches as their primary judgement.

Dude plays once every 2 months with B team, and people judge him on these appearances to see if we should sell him lol. It's pathetic. Give the kid a run of 3-4 games at least where he starts some and plays as a substitute in some. Right now he's completely black listed, he's rusty and his confidence is at the lowest point, plus he doesn't feel like a member of this team. Even a 21yo Messi would suck/underperform in such conditions.

So at this point, his appearances once every 2 months don't show anything about his level. I believe he's good enough to be a squad player at least, we need these kind of attacker on the bench. You won't have world class Salah or Neymar like attackers on your bench, so really I don't understand what some of you are complaining about.

That fucking moron Valverde needs to stop to replace Dembélé with Coutinho in every game, Malcom has to be the first choice in attack as a substitute and Coutinho needs to play in midfield. Coutinho has playing times in every game and he sucks every time as a winger (way more than Malcom btw). This nonsense has to stop.

P

Some fair points. I will say you could see the quick bursts and explosiveness from Dembele even when he struggled last year. He was creating separation even if not making the right play. You can also see this in Sterling, Sane, Mbappe, Bale, Salah, and yes in a 21 year old Messi. That breakaway was a bit of a bummer because the separation reduced or at best was stagnant (after watching a few times in slow mo), not widened. (than he missed the 1v1 on the keeper). The rust on the finish wasn't surprising, but he wasn't the athlete I expected. It means he is going to have to have great skills to be special, he isn't going to be special by being a phenom athlete with above average/decent professional footballer skills (e.g., Sterling, possibly Mbappe).

I totally agree with using him as the primary back-up winger (so long as he works relentlessly in ball recovery) and Coutinho as primary back up most forward midfielder.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

Did you seriously just implied that Mbappe could "possibly" reach the level of Sterling? :lol:
The dude is already miles ahead, while being 3 years younger.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I think he was implying that sterling is an athlete with ok football skills and that mbappe may also fall into that category.
He's not saying they're not special or saying that sterling is better than Mbappe.
The reason he says a maybe Mbappe is because he hasn't quite determined mbappe's technical footballing skills as yet, so in effect he can be a tier above special or he can fall back into that category.

PhilS

Keep Denis at least for the rest of this season, sell Malcom this month. Use the Malcom sales money to try again with another young player for next season. Denis has shown that he can go long periods of hardly playing, then get on the field and sometimes play very well. Malcom is showing that with limited minutes, he is not able to take advantage when his name does get called.

Home of Barca Fans