Malcom

clemente

Roma is average in CL, win against barca doesnt change that fact, barca was so shit and letargic that roma didnt need to play great, they outrunned and bullied barca players, thats enough these day to beat them

What does this "In CL" even mean? The ones that have better squads usually go further, Roma had players like Dzeko, Florenzi, Alisson who would probably be starters here, they are average to those who know nothing about them.

FinBarcelonafan

What does this "In CL" even mean? The ones that have better squads usually go further, Roma had players like Dzeko, Florenzi, Alisson who would probably be starters here, they are average to those who know nothing about them.

C'mon.. They are not that great. Italy in general is still weak other than Juventus.

Arizona Scott

Roma isn't bad, a top 15ish starting 11, but no, they should never have been able to win a 2 legged tie. In fact Roma never should have stood a chance with the scoreline of 3-0 at one point in leg 1. It took a shit Barca to let them back in the tie, let alone bad enough for a complete collapse.

Barca losing 3-0 to them, just like the 3-0 and 4-0 results the year before (Juv, PSG)--is 80% down to Barca not being able to muster a quality performance by their own standards and 20% about that opponents playing hard and well.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Was looking at his stats from last season, he played better in away matches; 8 of his 12 league goals were scored in away matches.

Something to look out for this season.

Vilarrubi

How did Roma get Nzonzi for only 30m euros.. it think he’s worth more than that. Also Arsenal were linked to him all summer and it would have been a perfect transfer for them but It seemed like it was difficult now Roma have just bought him with ease it seems.
(Sorry wrong thread)

behindbrowneyes

How did Roma get Nzonzi for only 30m euros.. it think he’s worth more than that. Also Arsenal were linked to him all summer and it would have been a perfect transfer for them but It seemed like it was difficult now Roma have just bought him with ease it seems.
(Sorry wrong thread)

Roma has a better sports director than Arsenal. Additionally, Monchi is still on good terms with his former club and therefore negotiations for a meritorious player like N'Zonzi were pretty easy.

Vilarrubi

Roma has a better sports director than Arsenal. Additionally, Monchi is still on good terms with his former club and therefore negotiations for a meritorious player like N'Zonzi were pretty easy.

I know about Monchi.. but you’d think Arsenal would pay much higher wages than Roma.. who knows what goes on behind the scenes anyway.

behindbrowneyes

I know about Monchi.. but you’d think Arsenal would pay much higher wages than Roma.. who knows what goes on behind the scenes anyway.

I'm not sure about wages. They surely would've paid him more, but money is not everything and not every player likes to play in EPL. I'd choose Rome over London any day.

Bulgroz

Plus, iirc there's a new tax law in Italy that basically allows for pretty insane net wages. So I'm not sure english teams can really offer more than italian teams now.

Home of Barca Fans