Malcom

Maxim4

That's kind of a lame excuse to me. This is a player he's never seen/coached before, why experiment with him the first chance you get when it's clear he's better on the right? That's so hasty and unnecessary. At least make that a secondary objective after letting him get comfortable in his natural role in a new team.

He returned to play at the end of the match on the right side, but lost the ball that brings Milan's goal back to his best position.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You’ve basically answered your own question.

Not really, he should still get acclimated to the team in his most comfortable role. That should take priority over forcing him to adapt to a different position, which can be done as comfort grows.

Malcom did a good job making do on the left with a lot of his runs off the ball, but it still just makes sense to have his first experiences be familiar and then build on that rather than an unnecessary challenge on top of making his debut.

Neeraj

I think it's obvious that Valverde is trying to see if he can make him our standard LW option, since we have Dembele on the right. It's obvious to anyone that we don't have a left winger, so considering we have him it would make sense to test it out now.

Having said that, my main question is, if a LW is what you wanted primarily, why didn't we just buy .....a LW? Either because you thought/know for sure he IS good enough on the left wing (which isn't the case with Malcolm) or you thought he's such a good talent that you CANNOT miss out on him no matter what, and are trying to fit him into the team now (which doesn't look like the case, considering this deal was all a bit last minute).

Ascom

I think it's obvious that Valverde is trying to see if he can make him our standard LW option, since we have Dembele on the right. It's obvious to anyone that we don't have a left winger, so considering we have him it would make sense to test it out now.

Having said that, my main question is, if a LW is what you wanted primarily, why didn't we just buy .....a LW? Either because you thought/know for sure he IS good enough on the left wing (which isn't the case with Malcolm) or you thought he's such a good talent that you CANNOT miss out on him no matter what, and are trying to fit him into the team now (which doesn't look like the case, considering this deal was all a bit last minute).

I generally agree with you. With that said i think it was clear that Dembele needs to be LW if we play 4-3-3. Both are better as RM but i think Dembele is better as LW than Malcom, so...

Arizona Scott

Maybe the idea is also to see which one is equally committed to pressing and tracking back? Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Rakitic, Busquets are going to start the big games. One spot left be it 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, but whoever it is must work hard defensively along with however they fit offensively. Vidal will do this in a 4-4-2. Demeble has competition to be the 3rd in a 4-3-3 and the expectations and a competent alternative are there.

RMU ReBorn

Seems to me that EV is pretty good at destroying new players self confident....
like say Rakitic , Alba ? Both were looking like they would retire after Lucho's final season .He is the same manager who destroyed Barcelona 4-0 with Basque talents .

xXKonan

DkP1eWVW0AAmpVc.jpg

Noticed in a couple of photos he's been hanging around Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans