Malcom

Bulgroz

BBZ's eye test told him that Dembele lacked the vert basics of football. So... Yeah.

Also, who told you that no team were interested in getting Malcom exactly? And how much did Barca pay for Denis Suarez exactly again? I mean, if all you have is "teams are willing to buy Suarez but not Malcom", you also have to take into account that two teams (a UCL semi finalist and one of the best teams in the world) were both willing to pay 40 million euros 6 months ago to buy this guy.

BBZ8800

Didn't you eye test confirm that Dembele wasn't good enough for Barca and was too dumb?

I can remember you also said Valverde benching him confirmed your eye test :thinking:

I am still not too happy about Dembele btw.

Weren't you repeating for 4 years that Neymar is good and disagreeing with me about ballhogging?
Didn't you had lots of faith in Halilovic, Bartra, Samper?

Why go that route?
With that logic, you shouldn't be allowed to even post here after these judgements, if you get me.
You can do better than that.

All of us makes some mistakes.

What does your eye test say about Malcom?

BBZ's eye test told him that Dembele lacked the vert basics of football. So... Yeah.

Cool story.
You do realize if Malcom fails in a new club and turn out to be meh that I will repeat "Malcom's case" in every single post which you will ever write, in terms: you know shit about football, you believed in Malcom once.

It works both ways.

If Malcom will fail, does that mean that you don't know anything about football and that your other opinions suck and shouldn't be considered?
Well...

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the reason for Malcom not succeeding at Barca will be Messi and Dembele both being more comfortable playing through the right side. I don't think it'll be because he's a bad player or not good enough for Barca. He can be more than good enough as a rotational player, more so than Denis Suarez, but Valverde is more comfortable with other players.

Bulgroz

A player's career can flop for thousands of reasons. Doesn't mean the player sucks. Poor career choices, bad management, injuries... But thinking a pro player who's widely regarded as one of the best of his generation in terms of technical skills lack "the basics of football" is just pure nonsense. No player can reach that level without the said basics.

BBZ8800

A player's career can flop for thousands of reasons. Doesn't mean the player sucks. Poor career choices, bad management, injuries... But thinking a pro player who's widely regarded as one of the best of his generation in terms of technical skills lack "the basics of football" is just pure nonsense. No player can reach that level without the said basics.

Malcom's topic, you are talking about Dembele.
Regarding Dembele, a lot of users had remarks about his passing and movement in the 1st season and in the beginning of this season.
Wasn't his passing accuracy 67% in Bundesliga?

About Malcom, yes, a career can go wrong from 100s of reasons.
But what have I seen from Malcom mixed with EV's opinions and a lack of interest for him lately suggests to me that he is not a player (and probably never will be) for the 1st tier of clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, City.
Whether he will be good enough for teams like Arsenal, Roma, Milan and similar, we will see in the future.
Or whether his level will be Everton, West Ham, we will see.

I think the reason for Malcom not succeeding at Barca will be Messi and Dembele both being more comfortable playing through the right side. I don't think it'll be because he's a bad player or not good enough for Barca. He can be more than good enough as a rotational player, more so than Denis Suarez, but Valverde is more comfortable with other players.

Being a rotational player for Barca is quite a broad term.
Rafinha can be rotational player.
Munir also.
Paco also.
Denis also.
Gomes also.
Samper also.
Prince? We will see.

I am not saying that Malcom can't be that, and have a similar role to Rafinha, Munir, Paco, Denis and similar.
He is surely good enough for that.

But none of these guys is a gamechanger.
Those guys can play here and there in weaker La liga matches, CDR and to step in in the 70th or 80th minute in some big matches, but they usually won't make an impact.
In a CL quarters, are you happy when Paco/Rafinha/Denis are entering the field and we are losing 0:1?
I am not.

So, being a squad player who won't add too much to a team and who is here only to play/rotate in smaller matches=probably 100s of professional players can do that.
When I say "player good enough for Barca", I am talking about 11 starters and 3-4-5 subs who are either as good as starters, or only slightly weaker, or are offering something different.
So, currently: 11 starters plus Arthur/Vidal, Roberto/Semedo, Cillessen, Lenglet.
Those are players who are either starters or good enough to be starters.

And then you have squad players like Denis, Rafinha, Munir, Vermaelen, Malcom, Samper, who are here to play only when everyone are injured.

So, is Malcom good enough to be one of 25 players at Barca? Of course that he is. The same as Samper and Denis.
Is he good enough to be a 1st sub or one of those 15 key players in a team? In this moment, I don't think so.

And then, imo, we didn't pay 41 Millions to have a player on Samper's or Denis' level.
We expected a super sub and for now Malcom doesn't seem like that level of quality.

In that sense, I would sell Malcom and buy someone else who is slightly better than Denis/Samper/Malcom, and who is closer to a level of players who are on a verge of being starters like Vidal/Arthur, Roberto/Semedo, Cillessen, Lenglet etc.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

A player's career can flop for thousands of reasons. Doesn't mean the player sucks. Poor career choices, bad management, injuries....

Agree, but it can also be as simple as not quite to the level Barca plays, and some of that just can't be figured out until they train and play with the squad. Proven world class international sometimes can't adapt like everyone expects (Fabregas, Zlatan, Coutinho).

Dembele has had ups and downs for his first 18 months but the last 6 really clicked. A little patience for Malcom (half year) and Coutinho (barely a year healthy and in training), though if the right offer comes in for either, fine to move on too. I don't think we need to be stressed either way about Malcom yet.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Do not sell Malcom!

We should send him on loan to a club in the big leagues. Spurs would be perfect as long as he's guaranteed some game time.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
One thing to think about:

1. Malcom is not playing for Barca.
Other clubs are not interested in buying him anymore.
People will reply: other teams are not interested currently in him not because of his skills, but because he hasn't played too much for Barca.
2. but then, even a crappy player like Denis Suarez who played only 41 minutes in the last 5 Months in La Liga+Champions league has offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.

So:
People here claim that Malcom is very good and that EV is an idiot.

Yet:
1. EV doesn't like his skills
2. other teams are not interested in him anymore
3. eye test when he played said that he is not good enough for Barca's level

Malcom seems like a likeable guy but he won't have a future here.
Not because of EV...
Slow down there Sherlock - The reason he hasn't got offers (if it indeed is true that he hasn't got offers) is: His agent might not be running around whoring him for the clubs because the kid loves it here and wants to fight for his place. Not coz every damn club has the weird bbz-bull-shit lens put on!

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

I remember when Dembele 'sucked' in his first season.

I will say even last year dembele seemed to create space out of nothing. Dont see that with malcom. I absolutely would not do a loan to the epl--that could be a way to sink market value quickly. Keep him training with the club this year and available for depth.

Home of Barca Fans