Malcom

PhilS

Confidence is shot. Dembele had similar phases. One already earlier this season after losing his starting spot before big daddy Vidal set him straight.

Coutinho was shit to pieces a few weeks back.

It is the Valverde way

:valverde:

Dembele responded to bad stretches and being benched by doing superb work as a sub, getting back into the starting lineup. Coutinho is not having a great year, but still perks up with man of the match type of performances sometimes. Vidal was completely out of favor, earned his way back into the starting lineup, now is out again, he will be back.

I've heard way too many excuses for Malcom. Most players who join this team prove they need to leave within the first year or two, I see no reason to expect him to continue long in this squad.

Bulgroz

There's a huge difference between starting in a good line-up every 3 games and starting 2 games in 3 months, with a B team in which everybody looks poor. Malcom proved against Inter that he could be useful, and wasn't rewarded at all. Then he had the incredible luck two months later to start with an incredibly poor line-up in a competition hardly anyone cares about.

We're talking about a guy who was by far the best on the pitch when Bordeaux played Lyon twice last year, and one of the best player of the game when Bordeaux played PSG. If you think he can't add anything to the team against Leganes or Getafe, you're wrong. Not to say he should be an automatic starter, but he's getting way too few chances, and his confidence is broken.

LMTR14

token performance on sunday, didn't have the guts to attempt even 1 play. like this I certainly don't need him in the team

Cule4life

The Culest
What are you still doing here?

giphy.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I always like those players who want to stay to fight for their chances against great odds.

Fight on Malcom. Perhaps the miracle of him outstaying Valverde will indeed happen one day.

BBZ8800

According to MD, there are currently no offers for Malcom at this time.

Says he also wants to stay.

I think the major reason why Valverde doesn't like to use Malcom is because of his pathetic defending.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-12-at-10.34.18.jpg

One thing to think about:

1. Malcom is not playing for Barca.
Other clubs are not interested in buying him anymore.
People will reply: other teams are not interested currently in him not because of his skills, but because he hasn't played too much for Barca.
2. but then, even a crappy player like Denis Suarez who played only 41 minutes in the last 5 Months in La Liga+Champions league has offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.

So:
People here claim that Malcom is very good and that EV is an idiot.

Yet:
1. EV doesn't like his skills
2. other teams are not interested in him anymore
3. eye test when he played said that he is not good enough for Barca's level

Malcom seems like a likeable guy but he won't have a future here.
Not because of EV...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One thing to think about:

1. Malcom is not playing for Barca.
Other clubs are not interested in buying him anymore.
People will reply: other teams are not interested currently in him not because of his skills, but because he hasn't played too much for Barca.
2. but then, even a crappy player like Denis Suarez who played only 41 minutes in the last 5 Months in La Liga+Champions league has offers from Arsenal and Chelsea.

So:
People here claim that Malcom is very good and that EV is an idiot.

Yet:
1. EV doesn't like his skills
2. other teams are not interested in him anymore
3. eye test when he played said that he is not good enough for Barca's level

Malcom seems like a likeable guy but he won't have a future here.
Not because of EV...

Didn't you eye test confirm that Dembele wasn't good enough for Barca and was too dumb?

I can remember you also said Valverde benching him confirmed your eye test :thinking:

Home of Barca Fans