Malcom

Arizona Scott

The Werner quote is a lot less than 60 mil, so if Malcom wants to leave, Werner to come, and make $ in the process, seems good. Or perhaps Pepe. Both seems more capable to also play the occasional CF and higher scoring productivity than Malcolm.

Jombi

Probably a good idea. Its completely hopeless to be a right forward and backup for Messi. And we have the 145m euros player as well.

clemente

I would be okay with it because prospects under Valverde are somehow regressing, just no fucking buyouts please.

soul24rage

for me, I wouldn't loan him this season as we still need to play someone in the Copa del Rey to rest the veterans. If he's loaned, then I'm sure Messi will play in the Copa. Plus, we still need a fast attacking player on the bench for La Liga and CL games if Dembele is starting.

Jombi

for me, I wouldn't loan him this season as we still need to play someone in the Copa del Rey to rest the veterans. If he's loaned, then I'm sure Messi will play in the Copa. Plus, we still need a fast attacking player on the bench for La Liga and CL games if Dembele is starting.

Its also not ideal that a 10 games a season Copa player has one of the three non-EU spots.

Joan

It does mean that we can not buy any non-EU players who might be opportunities in the market though. It does restrict us.

Sending him on loan now to free a non-EU spot makes sense only if we want to buy a player without European passport this very month. With Dembele being the preferred LW, we could use another winger. Why would you send him on loan? Do you have hopes for his Barca career? I remember you liked the guy back then.

soul24rage

It does mean that we can not buy any non-EU players who might be opportunities in the market though. It does restrict us.

and I agree with that, but any purchase for non-EU players will most likely be done in the summer. Maybe the board is looking at Maxi Gomez, who is a non-EU, as a replacement for Suarez. If the board wants to buy someone like him in this summer, then the board will loan/sell one of our 3 non-EU players in that same summer and I don't think it should be that difficult seeing as they are all talented players (although I hope we don't sell any of them).

But my point is that I don't think loaning out Malcom right now for the rest of the season is the right move, as we'll have more games in the second part of the season and we're definitely going to need him. We're definitely not going to sign a non-EU player this winter transfer window so loaning him out would be pointless for me.

Jombi

Sending him on loan now to free a non-EU spot makes sense only if we want to buy a player without European passport this very month. With Dembele being the preferred LW, we could use another winger. Why would you send him on loan? Do you have hopes for his Barca career? I remember you liked the guy back then.

Because he never plays. Its completely hopeless to be a right forward and having Messi ahead of you in the pecking order. There is also Dembele of course and the 160m signing whose wage and transfer fee demands that he plays alot.

Messi always plays and is never injured. And he wants those goal scoring records. I really like Malcom but he needs to play. In the two games that Messi doesnt play, lets be realistic, Dembele will play right forward and Coutinho on the left.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's no sporting logic to loan the player out, particularly if Denis is being moved and Munir frozen out - leaves no depth in attacking positions

Jombi

There's no sporting logic to loan the player out, particularly if Denis is being moved and Munir frozen out - leaves no depth in attacking positions

Munir is shit to be honest. If we loan Malcom out to give him playing time (no he's not going to get it for us as long as Messi is injury free and he isnt a left forward either) we need to bring someone else in. Its crucial that Malcom gets playing time at the age he's at. If Maxi Gomez has a low release clause, I think it would be worth it as a backup option. Yes, I know he's a center forward.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans