Malcom

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can have 6 players on the bench. 7, but one spot is taken up by the GK.

Why cannot we have two wingers on the bench? What the fuck are we wasting a bench spot for Munir for?

I've seen other teams have 2-3 wingers on the bench, but apparently Barcelona is the only team in the World that can only afford one winger on the bench and have one striker that's not fast, not a good finisher, not great holding the ball up, not got great movement off the ball, etc.

Last edited:

soul24rage

You can have 6 players on the bench. 7, but one spot is taken up by the GK.

Why cannot we have two wingers on the bench? What the fuck are we wasting a bench spot for Munir for?

same. We can make attacking subs and put both dembele and malcom on if we want pace in the wings. similar to how zidane did with asensio and vazquez.

also i think malcom offers more than munir so I would put malcom on the bench than munir

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
same. We can make attacking subs and put both dembele and malcom on if we want pace in the wings. similar to how zidane did with asensio and vazquez.

also i think malcom offers more than munir so I would put malcom on the bench than munir

Also I would dare say that Malcom has had a positive contribution in the few minutes he's gotten to play, more so than Munir.

Most managers have players on the bench that can make an actual impact. Valverde is the ultimate vanilla manager. All his subs are like for like players.

raskolnikov

Valverde is just being cold toward Malcom because he wanted Willian.
Pertiness and terrible man management will do that.

Cule4life

The Culest
2kihcj.jpg

BBZ8800

Valverde fanboys please tell us how Valverde is the best at squad management by excluding Malcom from the squad again. Those of us not blessed with heightened mental gymnastics capabilities like you tend to struggle to comprehend Valverde's genius.

You guys act as if none player ever hasn't played under some coach.

Ev sees him every day on training grounds in training matches and knows his abilities.
And from what we have seen, he is slow for a winger with average dribbling.

Kluivert junior is not even playing at Roma.
Is their coach an idiot or a kid is not good enough even for Roma's level yet?
That Croatian young, supposedly wizz midfielder Coric hasn't played a minute?
Do you know why?
Because he is not good enough for that level yet.
And those who aren't buying a hype, knew that from the day1.

Currently, the most impressive thing about Malcom is his pricetag.
And yet, 41m today is 15m from 10 years ago.
So, a level of price of Chyngynskyj, Henrique, Keirrison and similar.

Some of you will ask: why did we buy him then?
= well, he seemed like a good opportunity.
If he'll make it=awesome.
If not, we won't lose too much due to resell value.

You guys have to realize that majority of those transfers of young players are a lottery, gambling by the board.
They buy 3-4 kids and if one will make it, fine.
And yet, you act as if EVERY SINGLE kid is our long term solution for 10 years.

Those kids are a conscious lottery by the board and you should look at them that way.

Now go back to a first question:
But why EV is not playing him?
= he decided that this lottery-transfer won't work, he moved on and now, be ready for 1-2 similar names in the next summer.

Those are just hit and miss attempts until we hit a jackpot once.

It won't happen with Malcom, it seems.
Don't be so sentimental about players.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Played 25 mins in official games

giphy.webp
I feel the Coach knows best argument only works with guys who have a High-class background in achievements and good track records such as Pep and even Klopp.

Doesn't really work with guys like Valverde who only coached Mid-table sides with much lesser talents and different objectives.

jairzinho

This Malcolm situation is weird but not surprising from Ernie. Every season it’s smthn new with this guy that no one can really explain. He keeps coming up with different ways to fuck with us. Last season was his strange fetish with Gomes. No matter how much shit Gomes played, he still got minutes. I remember him coming on against Roma with us on the verge of being knocked out. It’s almost as if Ernie was trolling us. Now it’s this shit with Malcom and to a lesser extent Vidal and maybe Aleñá. Strange. These guys should be getting minutes. Unlike Gomes, They have the quality to contribute. If we don’t find creative ways to rotate, Raki and a lot of those starters will be burnt out by January, especially with this Nations league and all. Not to mention the World Cup jus finished. How hard is it for Ernie to understand that. This thing about Ernie seeing him everyday in training. What the fuck did he see in Gomes? It doesn’t make any sense mate.

Last edited:

xXKonan

And 2 preseason matches.
Seemed quite slow and average for a winger for now.

Not to mention for Barca's level.

So, a preseason, some official minutes and 1000 hours on training grounds.
Still not really enough to get a good grasp on how Malcom can look. I mean it's preseason man most of the time it was to build proper fitness levels.

As for training ground stuff yeah not really a good barometer either. I mean you can look at the High lights of the training games and you see running, people scoring long shots etc but none of that shit really transitioned to the actual match itself going by our season so far. :lol:

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

The "coach should know better" cliche really doesn't apply to Valverde. He has been proven to be clueless and team plays like shit under him despite having best roster in the world.

Home of Barca Fans