Arthur

Gnidrologist

I always thought that the aim is to get both. They fill completely different roles, both of which we need to update badly. It's Griezman or whoever, that can be postponed.

Trickykid

I always thought that the aim is to get both. They fill completely different roles, both of which we need to update badly. It's Griezman or whoever, that can be postponed.

Yeah, I wrote the same thing the other day as well. I don't see them as mutually exclusive either, but I do have a hard time seeing how EV would incorporate both of them at the same time, if he's going back to 433 now that Dembele is back. Coutinho will most likely take the Iniesta spot (even though I guess he could play the LW as well), and I don't see Arthur as a Rakitic replacement - then again I probably don't know Arhur well enough to make that assessment.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Why is age so important though? Kante is one of the best dms in the world and he was 21 in his first professional season in football, 25 when he won the PL. The evident talent is the only thing that matters. Plenty of late bloomers in football. Besides, 21 is not even that old of an age to start your professional career.

SeloBarca

Yeah, I wrote the same thing the other day as well. I don't see them as mutually exclusive either, but I do have a hard time seeing how EV would incorporate both of them at the same time, if he's going back to 433 now that Dembele is back. Coutinho will most likely take the Iniesta spot (even though I guess he could play the LW as well), and I don't see Arthur as a Rakitic replacement - then again I probably don't know Arhur well enough to make that assessment.

I always vision a setup like this:

Dembele - Suarez/Griezmann - Messi
-----Coutinho - Arthur
---------Busquetes

Coutinho is a typical AM more like Iniesta.
Arthur is a controlling CM.

If those transfers would happen i would cry of happiness.

FC433

I just wanted to be honest before saying anything else, I have never watched Arthur yet, but I do think that we need to slow it down a little bit. Great talents have been appearing this season and we need to be careful because we only need one new CM. Any mistake could cost us a lot by missing on the other options or pushing Alena away. Here is some of the names:

Lucas Torreira
Donny van de Beek
Fabián Ruiz
Rodrigo Hernández
Houssem Aouar

Ruiz was absolutely amazing in today's game agains Sevilla.

Messi983

I just wanted to be honest before saying anything else, I have never watched Arthur yet, but I do think that we need to slow it down a little bit. Great talents have been appearing this season and we need to be careful because we only need one new CM. Any mistake could cost us a lot by missing on the other options or pushing Alena away. Here is some of the names:

Lucas Torreira
Donny van de Beek
Fabián Ruiz
Rodrigo Hernández
Houssem Aouar

Ruiz was absolutely amazing in today's game agains Sevilla.

I like Ruiz too but think he would be more a Busquets replacement than a CM for us. Rodri as well but he's AM bound so we won't get him.

Another player I think we should also follow closely is Lobotka from Celta.

[youtube]oLXEIforXc8[/youtube]

FC433

You might be right, I have not actually watched much of any of the players that I mentioned, but I think many of them can adjust if they have got the needed skills. And thank you for pointing Lobotka out. I was just a bit concerned because we do not want to do to Alena what we did to Thiago.

Rakitic, Paulinho, and Iniesta are not getting any younger.

Suarez, Gomes, and Rafinha they are a bit lost. Are they good enough? Should we sell them? Do we still believe in them? Because if we do not we should try other cheaper alternatives. I am quite sure most of the players above are cheaper.

So far we have got these in the midfield: Busquets, Rakitic, Paulinho, Roberto, Gomes, Iniesta, Suarez, Rafinha, Coutinho that is 9 + Alena and Samper next season.

11 midfielders for only three spots and potentially another CM. 12 is a bit too many.

God Serena

I'm a bit glad it's now impossible for us to sign this guy. I'd much rather take a risk on Alena, than a risk on some shiny new young midfielder who will cost a pretty penny and be as likely to succeed here as Gomes was.

Gnidrologist

It would make sense if Alena was that type of player, but he isn't. He's sort of a deeper paying AM from what i've seen. Not a controller at all.

SeloBarca

I'm a bit glad it's now impossible for us to sign this guy. I'd much rather take a risk on Alena, than a risk on some shiny new young midfielder who will cost a pretty penny and be as likely to succeed here as Gomes was.

Not impossible. Alena is not really a CM.

George_Costanza

Arthur is rated very highly by all Brazilians I spoke to, his price will only increase after the WC. I would argue, he is the kind of player Barca needs so badly, and some here are glad we didn't buy him? :banghead:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His price won't increase because his buyout is 50m and Gremio said there's no way they're going to let him go for any less than that.

Marcelo Bechler said a few days ago that Coutinho is trying to get a EU passport which would imply we're still interested in Arthur, but perhaps pushed it to the summer instead.

SeloBarca

His price won't increase because his buyout is 50m and Gremio said there's no way they're going to let him go for any less than that.

Marcelo Bechler said a few days ago that Coutinho is trying to get a EU passport which would imply we're still interested in Arthur, but perhaps pushed it to the summer instead.

Either would be ok i guess. We pretty much have 2 100m players we have to get into the team. Dembele is pretty much a new signing aswell. However, ive been desperate to get a proper deep playing CM for years now XD

Home of Barca Fans