Arthur

Nothanks

I thought most south americans take 2 years to get spanish citizenship? might be wrong.
+ paperwork seems to take a while at the earliest paulinho will get it 2019

khaled_a_d

I thought most south americans take 2 years to get spanish citizenship? might be wrong.
+ paperwork seems to take a while at the earliest paulinho will get it 2019

On paper it is 2 years, but no one really got it before 4 years.
Probably for 2 reasons, paperwork and more importantly the amount of time he needs to spend in Spain for the year to count. I don't know the laws in Spain but in most cases you have to be in the country in 11 months in the year for it to count which is impossible for a footballer to do it

Any truth to that?

May I ask where is thiq quote from?

Last edited:

NeyMesSis

According to Pedro Garcia (@dircompedro on twitter) we had a meeting with Arthur and gremio in the last days. he only wants barca and barca wants him. he will probably arrive when the EU-spot issues are solved, probably summer or january 2019.

and BTW do you know this guy?
I didnt know him but came across him some months ago. He seems to have a lot of infos from barca, and most of them became true and he writes them often before other newspapers as MD or Sport...

M

MessiCam

Xavi appears to be a fan. And I agree with what he says... Technical ability should always be a priority over physicality.

NeyMesSis

According to Pedro Garcia (@dircompedro on twitter) we had a meeting with Arthur and gremio in the last days. he only wants barca and barca wants him. he will probably arrive when the EU-spot issues are solved, probably summer or january 2019.

and BTW do you know this guy?
I didnt know him but came across him some months ago. He seems to have a lot of infos from barca, and most of them became true and he writes them often before other newspapers as MD or Sport...

So he has Insider infos afterall. Nobody was talking about Arthur in the spanish press in the last days and weeks. and now 3 days later MD reports the same. and that wasnt the first time.

serghei

I must say we are being rather efficient right now.

We are putting a hell of a squad together.

It has to do with Madrid winning the double last season as well. One thing that lights a fire under your ass (both players and board) is when the arch rival is winning big.

Raketa10

If we manage to buy Arthur and Griezmann we are set to go for the next couple of years. We might only need to add another CB if Vermaelen leaves this summer but if he stays fit I would definitely keep him for another year.

Honestly I would rather try to bring Thiago back instead of bringing Arthur but the problem is off course his price tag and I don't believe Bayern would sell. Also problem with Thiago is that he is unbelievably injury prone.

Last edited:

Messi983

Having personal deal with a player means nothing. Verratti has also given his OK to us last summer but he's still in Paris.

Also, it can easily be seen this is fake news when they are talking we HOPE to sign him for about 25m. MD is also saying we are willing to leave him on loan at Gremio for a year so his transfer price would drop but I doubt. He's still under contract until 2021 and they will sell under their conditions. Dropping his asking price for a half just so they could have him for 6 or 12 more months doesn't really make sense to me when they could just stick to his release clause and keep him until some club will pay that (or at least come a lot closer to 50M with their offer).

Nothing against Arthur personally because I like what I've seen from him and it seems he could be the right fit here but we shouldn't always have a fixation on a certain player for all costs. I can understand that with worldclass player like Coutinho or worldclass potential like Dembele (though they were both also risky signings for the price we've paid) but not when we are clearly taking a gamble on youngsters that we don't know if and how they will work out for us.

If we can get Arthur for 25M and leave him on loan then I'm ok with that. But if his price will be closer to 40 or 50M I'd rather look for alternatives in Europe. We can currently get both Torreira and Fabian Ruiz for a combined price of 40M. We would take a risk with both of them as well but at least they have experience in top European leagues (not much but still more than Arthur) and they are also different type of players who would bring us more versatility.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
That's great news, but I wonder if Gremio really let him go for 25M especially after that Robert's stunt with Barca T-shirt.

khaled_a_d

Having personal deal with a player means nothing. Verratti has also given his OK to us last summer but he's still in Paris.

Also, it can easily be seen this is fake news when they are talking we HOPE to sign him for about 25m. MD is also saying we are willing to leave him on loan at Gremio for a year so his transfer price would drop but I doubt. He's still under contract until 2021 and they will sell under their conditions. Dropping his asking price for a half just so they could have him for 6 or 12 more months doesn't really make sense to me when they could just stick to his release clause and keep him until some club will pay that (or at least come a lot closer to 50M with their offer).

Nothing against Arthur personally because I like what I've seen from him and it seems he could be the right fit here but we shouldn't always have a fixation on a certain player for all costs. I can understand that with worldclass player like Coutinho or worldclass potential like Dembele (though they were both also risky signings for the price we've paid) but not when we are clearly taking a gamble on youngsters that we don't know if and how they will work out for us.

If we can get Arthur for 25M and leave him on loan then I'm ok with that. But if his price will be closer to 40 or 50M I'd rather look for alternatives in Europe. We can currently get both Torreira and Fabian Ruiz for a combined price of 40M. We would take a risk with both of them as well but at least they have experience in top European leagues (not much but still more than Arthur) and they are also different type of players who would bring us more versatility.

This
Also Ruiz & Torreira has EU passport unlike Arthur
That said, it depends on how the club sees the player,they might just believe he is head and shoulders above the rest

BBZ8800

Xavi appears to be a fan. And I agree with what he says... Technical ability should always be a priority over physicality.

Yeah.
Because the most physical Barca in the last 10 years (a current one) is doing really horrible.

+20 points advantage over Rm with only one defeat in 5-6 Months.

We can't allow our team to continue playing in this way.
This is a disgrace.

Coutinho-Alena/Denis-Arthur should be our midfield for the future.

Also, about Xavi, didn't he said that Samper will be his successor?
And iirc, he even liked Seri, right?

If Xavi is planning to build a team around these type of players, I am not sure that I would like to see him anywhere close Barca's bench in the future.

If Xavi's estimation about Arthur will end similar to Samper's and Seri's, we will be on the market looking for a new Cm quite soon.

BBZ8800

If we manage to buy Arthur and Griezmann we are set to go for the next couple of years. We might only need to add another CB if Vermaelen leaves this summer but if he stays fit I would definitely keep him for another year.

Honestly I would rather try to bring Thiago back instead of bringing Arthur but the problem is off course his price tag and I don't believe Bayern would sell. Also problem with Thiago is that he is unbelievably injury prone.

From a summer of 22, only Umtiti was a success.
For every player whom we buy, chances are always roughly 2/3 that a player won't make it, won't fit etc.

Coutinho hasn't played a minute yet.
Dembele is raising some reasonable doubts already.
Nobody knows how to intengrate Griezmann into our team.
Mina hasn't played a minute in Europe. If he'll make it here, that we'll be a huuuge surprise.
Arthur, the same story.

On paper, it seems that we are set and that we are fine, but in reality always majority of players never reach expectations.

It is hard to say in this moment who will make and who won't.
But I am quite certain that we will buy 2-3 new attackers and 2-3 new midfielders in the next 5 years.

In fact, I am expecting that we will buy a new Cm each summer for the next 5 years, until one guy will fit perfectly.

In the last 3 years, we bought Arda, Gomes, Denis, Paulinho.
Now we bought Coutinho, we are close to signing Arthur.
Plus we had some attempts with La Masia guys Samper, Alena (Roberto, Rafinha).

In a team like Barca, except in Pep's era, nothing is set and we are never still.

Don't get emotionally involved in too many new signings, because I don't like to call these guys: longterm projects.
I like to call them hit and miss gamble, and just "attempts".

Mina, Arthur and similar guys, those are not longterm projects.
Those are cheap guys with a potential on whom it is worth to bet.
If they'll play good, we'll keep them.
If not, we'll just buy 2-3 new Minas and Arthurs in the next summer.

That's how things work at Barca.
So, imo, there is no way that we are "set" for the future.
We will always buy 3-4-5-6-7 players in every summer.
Again, except in Pep's era when we had a young and domestic team which was winning 88 trophies per season.

In all other times, we are just always buying like crazy and alwwys trying with these hit and miss transfers each summer.

Home of Barca Fans